DEF usage 2015 Ford F250 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much DEF are you guys going through? I use about a gallon per thousand miles. 2/3 of my miles are towing a 10K lb. 5th wheel, but my usage still seems excessive. I have already added (2) 2.5 gallon jugs, and bought my third today because the tank is below 50% so it needs another and I only have 7400 miles on it. Normal...or excessive?

With towing, that is right about in line with what we see here. Ford had initially intended the 5 gallon fill to need replenishing at the 10K mile OCI. I think the only people that get that kind of "mileage" are the mall crawler types.

I have used 7.5 gallons in 11K miles so with your towing that is about right. I started with BlueDEF but switched to SuperTech. It is cheaper and API certified, which is all that is required.

Sounds about right to me. Even the literally 2 or so diesel Cruzes we see for oil changes guzzle that stuff. The shop will ask for 3-4 gallons for a Cruze, and I don't even know if the owners are adding between changes too.

I have used Supertech exclusively. Today I bought a new jug and noticed they lowered the price now to $7.88 for 2.5 gallons, which is about as cheap as at the truck stop pumps. No issues with it, and every Walmart I go to has it in stock and it comes with a spout. Ford wants $14 a gallon, with no spout.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: abycat
I was about to say delete it! but then noticed you are in california.
Only if he wants to lose his 100K warranty.
31.gif

Besides, I would rather breathe cleaner air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back