2015 Silverado 5.3, 3,420 AC Delco 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could figure how to post the Blackstone report. My Aluminum was 3, Iron 20 and Copper 86. My results were higher than the average of 6,400 OCI's with Blackstone. I am thinking maybe I should have went with another short OCI of AC Delco before going to the PUP. Everything else was fine. I have heard these motors shed some? I had 5,201 miles at report.

Last edited:
I'm suprised the copper is not higher, as its still breaking in. I'd wait until about 15k miles to run a uoa. Copper is probably from the camshaft bearings and is normal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
This is a new engine with 3,420 miles on the oil and 5201 vehicle? If so you paid money to watch the break in wear drop. If you continue to do UOAs you will watch the numbers drop. This link is to a new Toyota UOAs from the first oil change to a little more than 5,000 miles

Thanks for the info. I wanted a baseline for my truck because I had a 2014 that was done at 8k. I am not fully trusting yet. I will run the PUP to 7,500 and do another UOA. If it trends from there I will do them less often.

Originally Posted By: JR
Nice to see GM on the twenty wagon.
To be honest a good amount of wear in is left. It will take a good 15k or more.

Harvey

I have been thinking about the amount I tow my boat. A lot of people buy trucks and really just need a car. I know Blackstone keeps averages but how are those trucks used. I am at about 30% of my miles towing about 80% of my tow rating.

The 4.3 still uses 5W-30 for some reason.

Originally Posted By: 15SilvyEcotec

Harvey

I have been thinking about the amount I tow my boat. A lot of people buy trucks and really just need a car. I know Blackstone keeps averages but how are those trucks used. I am at about 30% of my miles towing about 80% of my tow rating.

The 4.3 still uses 5W-30 for some reason.
I for some reason have always like trucks better,the same with my wife. I drive a F150 and my wife has a ford F250 with a diesel engine.

Harvey
What is so good about the 20 wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back