I HATE IT! Euthanizing my canine companion Dec 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry!
Be proud though, it looks like you gave the dog a live not many have, a happy family and cared for!! And not suffering like so many uncared for strays.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss! It's hard to do, even when it's the right thing to do.

We rescued a Lab/hound/pointer/Wehavenoidea puppy almost a year ago. She's grown into a social, great-tempered and energetic young dog. Off to pet her now.

Scott, So sorry to hear you to had to put Harley down. Had to put my 13 year old Maximus down on the 2nd and was my first. Started bleeding occasionally from the mouth area on Monday and thought maybe he had chip a tooth or something. By Wednesday hadn't stopped and he got really bad within 6 hours or so. Turned out bleeding from the nose and vet had no idea what was going on based on the blood levels, maybe a parasite which scared me a bit with young kids. Highly doubt he did though. Had to make the choice to take him to another vet for transfusion and battery of tests, if he even made it to the other hospital, or euthanize. I still don't know if I made the right choice. I'll admit I had tears saying goodbye.

You never know how much you love a pet till their gone. My wife always acted like she never cared for him and yelled at me about everything dealing with him. But she cried everyday for four days after... he was her companion with the boys now in school. Don't think we'll get another.. can't anyways if he did have a parasite.

Didn't want to jack your thread.. losing a pet really sucks.

12322541_10153101290191876_561861831027411170_o_zps9kdjzsyj.jpg

So sorry. I feeel you pain being an animal lover and going thru this several times.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
I am very sorry. I'm afraid that it's not going to be very long that we have to make the same decision. Right now we just try to make the most of each day. It's sometimes hard for me to look at her without wanting to cry at the prospect.

It finally happend to us tonight. Molly is a Rhodesian Ridgeback she was 11 years old.

Sorry Whitewolf.

I've had to put down several in my 50 plus years on this planet. It never gets any easier. As a matter of fact, it gets worse.

My sympathies to you.

I am very sorry. I'm afraid that it's not going to be very long that we have to make the same decision. Right now we just try to make the most of each day. It's sometimes hard for me to look at her without wanting to cry at the prospect.

It finally happend to us tonight. Molly is a Rhodesian Ridgeback she was 11 years old.

Sorry to hear about your loss also! At least she had a owner to care and love her! We took a stray about 4 years ago. We could not be pleased with a more loving dog he is a mutt but he is our loving and protective mutt.

My heart goes out to you and your wife. I love dogs and I want only the best for them. My father gave me my first dog when I learned how to walk. The hurt is awful when you lose one but remembering the good times helps. Right now I have 3 that came to live with me -- all mixed breed. My big fear is what will happen to them when I am no longer here. I ask my vet to take care of them or find them a good home. I have a CD for them so they will have enough money for some one to care for them.

You and your wife will be in my prayers.

Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back