January sets another record for background checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Originally Posted By: scudpilot
Great news for sure. If the Dems keep the White House there will be an assault unlike we've ever seen on our 2nd Amendment rights followed by huge tax hikes.

Yep. Obama waited for 8 years, so the NEXT prez would come and take your guns. Makes total sense. What an ingenious plan.

33.gif

Lol yeah the republicans won't stop talking about how Obama is gonna take our guns! LOL! Yeah he's just totally knocking on our doors and taking them.

Well Biden did say Republicans were going to put blacks "back in chains" so which is worse?

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Great, just what this place needs - another gun thread.

And yet here you are......
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

For the same reason you started it, to see how heated it can get before the mods nuke it.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Great, just what this place needs - another gun thread.

And yet here you are......
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Yep. Trollin'

The scary part is the next president stands to appoint 3 or 4 Supreme Court Justices.The current court has upheld and even reaffirmed 2A rights. That is why this election is more important than the last 8 years.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Great news for sure. If the Dems keep the White House there will be an assault unlike we've ever seen on our 2nd Amendment rights followed by huge tax hikes.

Hasn't happened yet!

Not for lack of desire. I watched the "debates" and town halls - the hildabeast and Methuselah sounded pretty eager to gun grab. The irrelevant twit from Delaware or Maryland - wherever, can't think of his name - was proud of being a gun grabber.

Wow, you guys actually believe what politicians say?

Hilary is taking your guns as much as Trump is building a wall that Mexico pays for.
Neither is happening. But you better run out and stock up anyways.

Yep. Obama waited for 8 years, so the NEXT prez would come and take your guns. Makes total sense. What an ingenious plan.

33.gif

Hillary already wants to confiscate all assault rifles.

Actually, what she said was that Australian-style "buybacks" are definitely something that she would look into.

Except that they weren't buybacks...you had to turn in your guns or risk jail time...full page ads in Aussie papers so that everyone knew that failure to participate in the "buyback" meant jail time. The "buybacks" covered nearly every gun type, not just rifles with magazines, including pistols, revolvers, shotguns, hunting rifles.

Strict ownership and storage policies were implemented, and police could search your house at anytime to ensure compliance with those policies.

So, what she wants to look into is forced confiscation and suspension of the 4th Amendment...no warrants...no appeal.

But it's a "buyback"...right?

Hilary is taking your guns as much as Trump is building a wall that Mexico pays for.

I believe that her desire to confiscate all guns is real. She was anti-gun in 1992 when she first hit the national scene and she keeps moving closer and closer to saying it now.

Whether she could accomplish it if elected President is separate matter.

Billary has a track record in this regard, if you care to examine it.

Were California politicians telling California voters the truth when they promised to implement draconian gun regulations, that impact law abiding people and are ignored by criminals?

It would appear so.

Not that y'all will need guns or anything with all those lifers being released into your communities. They probably won't kill again.

Just whack them with your surfboard.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Hillary already wants to confiscate all assault rifles.

Actually, what she said was that Australian-style "buybacks" are definitely something that she would look into.

Except that they weren't buybacks...you had to turn in your guns or risk jail time...full page ads in Aussie papers so that everyone knew that failure to participate in the "buyback" meant jail time.

As people (politicians, and those who think that news soundbites constitute education on a subject) keep talking about the success of the Australian "Assault Weapons" ban...it went all the way to Ruger 10-22, every pump or semi duck gun.

As Astro pointed out correctly, it preyed on the law abiding, with advertisements everywhere...and they stiffed those who were, and would be obeying the law. A rimfire .22 was around $100, while an AR15, or SLR which you could not legally own netted $7,500.

They are currently trying to "close the loophole" on lever action shotguns...was never a loophole, just people who hunt pigs have started using them more.

Since the buyback there has been constant attack from politicians and the greens/antis that "every illegal gun was once a legal gun", and therefore there need to get legal guns out of homes.

They have had to recently admit that of the 5,000 firearms tracked by the Australian Institute of Criminology, less than 10% were stolen from registered firearm owners, while 31.8% are completely untraceable, with no record of their ever coming to the country.

My rifle club virtually exploded with members after we all had to join clubs to justify keeping the bolt action I got for my 15th birthday...and asper the recently released facts, it's not my peers, nor the record number of people fulfilling background checks that are the risk to the increasing numbers of illegal firearms in circulation.

So, what she wants to look into is forced confiscation and suspension of the 4th Amendment...no warrants...no appeal.

I believe that her desire to confiscate all guns is real. She was anti-gun in 1992 when she first hit the national scene and she keeps moving closer and closer to saying it now.

I agree, that is the desired outcome for her.
But it won't happen...can't happen. Who will (survive) going door to door?

I guessed you weren't a gun owner....

I guess the one thing that bothers me is that I watch how badly gun buyers handle a firearm. It is very easy to spot the individuals who handle that firearm with reckless abandon. And then these same ones are purchasing one for their significant other, who knows even less....yikes

In Pa. the only requirement to obtain ccw is to breathe and have no criminal record, warrant, or protective order pending. You can also bet some of these folks tout the stupidity of having a magazine that holds less then 15 rounds and then not carrying a spare mag.

I have been teaching my wife to handle a pistol and eventually intend to get her to the range. I have had her do dry firing practising grip, keeping finger outside the trigger guard and other safety issues (not swiping anyone). I am proud to say she can handle a firearm way better than most. She will never consent to get a ccw and that's fine with me.

Originally Posted By: Al
I guess the one thing that bothers me is that I watch how badly gun buyers handle a firearm. It is very easy to spot the individuals who handle that firearm with reckless abandon. And then these same ones are purchasing one for their significant other, who knows even less....yikes

In Pa. the only requirement to obtain ccw is to breathe and have no criminal record, warrant, or protective order pending. You can also bet some of these folks tout the stupidity of having a magazine that holds less then 15 rounds and then not carrying a spare mag.

I have been teaching my wife to handle a pistol and eventually intend to get her to the range. I have had her do dry firing practising grip, keeping finger outside the trigger guard and other safety issues (not swiping anyone). I am proud to say she can handle a firearm way better than most. She will never consent to get a ccw and that's fine with me.

A friend of mine was fired from the gun store he worked at because he refused to sell anyone a firearm unless they came into the range in the back and shot off a full magazine/load (on his dime) with him.

He told me that about 7 out of 10 would put almost every round into the floor.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
People need to arm up if they can afford it. The politicians are doing everything they can to decimate the U.S. Constitution. I personally hope people will pull the trigger instead of rolling over for the government. It's better to die with freedom and self respect than to die in captivity.

thumbsup2.gif

Same for idiots who buy knives, cars, motorcycles, trucks, alcohol, prescription drugs, circular saws, jackhammers, turkey fryers, airplanes, boats, and the list goes on forever......

You can't fix stupid. You can only hope they get some meaningful instruction.

In Pa. the only requirement to obtain ccw is to breathe and have no criminal record, warrant, or protective order pending.

In the United States you need no "permit" to arm yourself. You seem to have forgotten that. The Second Amendment doesn't grant a right to arm yourself...it prohibits all government authorities from restricting those rights as the right to self protection is inalienable. There are laws about possession under disability for felons, drug addicts aliens and the mentally ill. A CHL is like a license plate on your car. Nothing more.

Do you have the same expectation when your neighbor drives his 3500 lb weapon out of his driveway? Yet more people are killed by those than firearms.

Do you have the same expectation when you go to your Doctor? Medical mistakes kill way more than firearms.

Last edited:
In Pa. the only requirement to obtain ccw is to breathe and have no criminal record, warrant, or protective order pending.

In the United States you need no "permit" to arm yourself. You seem to have forgotten that. The Second Amendment doesn't grant a right to arm yourself...it prohibits all government authorities from restricting those rights as the right to self protection is inalienable.

I didn't forget anything. The 2nd amendment did not grant unfettered access to protect your person anywhere, anytime, any place with any weapon..and I am sure you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back