Thoughts on 2007 Nissan Sentra 60K for a used car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay far away from Nissan products, they suck.

Why is he not considering a corolla, cruz, civic, mazada3, sonata, there are tons of compacts much better than them?

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy

Why is he not considering a corolla, cruz, civic, mazada3, sonata, there are tons of compacts much better than them?

Not everyone wants to buy an overpriced Camry...cough ES350 cough.

You can always have your username easily changed to something more appropriate.

$4k with 60k miles and first car. At that price near throw away...

Originally Posted By: Xeno

True, idioots like you don't know the difference between a Toyota and a Nissan build.

Nissan is a company that cannot the basics 101 ignition coils right on my 5th gen maxima and wouldn't do a recall should cease to make autos.

A faulty ignition spells disaster for the entire system, cats fouling, oxygen sensors failing, P0420/P0430 codes that are so overloaded even a ASE certified tech can point his finger on..

Nissan makes shoddy products, my neighbors G35 when I opened the hood, I couldn't see the floor, an engineering and maintenance nightmare.

Congrats on the Sentra! That'd be one of the cars I'd look at if I were buying a more practical dd car. My 20 year old Nissan has never once had to be fixed or repaired,and has never left me stranded.

Originally Posted By: Xeno

True, idioots like you don't know the difference between a Toyota and a Nissan build.

Id feel like an idiott paying thousands more for some leather, chrome, and a lexus badge.

Do you roll up the windows to faart everytime a nissan drives by just to prove how superior your camry, I mean Es350, is?

Last edited:
My sisters first car was a 2004 Sentra, it was a solid little car. It seemed to be just as well put together as anything else little, cheap, and Japanese.

Served her well for 3 years until someone ran a red light and totaled it.

Nissan seemed to build them very basic, if I remember right it still had a live rear axle. That's how they keep the cost down on them.

Last edited:

You probably don't know what you're talking about.

My experience with Nissan.

My dad got a 97 Hardbody new. I got it from him as my first ride with 100k. I totaled it with 142k. FLuid changes, and Spark plugs are all it ever needed.

These are all the Nissans my parents, and I have currently. They all get the BITOG maintenance program from me.

In my parents driveway,
93 Nissan Hardbody bought with 99k. It now has 202k. Maintenance, and fluid changes. Running fine.

01 Supercharged Frontier. Bought new. Currently 262k.
Exhaust manifolds, and knock sensor replaced at 70k under warranty.
1 radiator at 170k.
The Supercharger never failed, but I replaced it at 218k because it started getting noisy.
Nothing else, but fluids, tires, maintenance. Original engine, trans, starter, alternator. Can't complain about it.

07 Altima 2.5 with CVT. Car has 135k
Fluids, and one climate control blower motor relay. CVT works flawlessly. Great car.

2015 Frontier V6. 14k. No issues, and there shouldn't be any.

In my Garage, 1995 Hardbody V6. Bought with 141k. Now has 211k. I drive it 90 miles a day. Fluids are all it's asked for and other routine maintenance, plugs etc.

2013 Titan, 17,000 miles. No issues to report.

The 13 Titan, and 15 Frontier are too new to talk about, but I suspect they will treat us fine as well.

I had a 04 Frontier 4 cylinder that was flawless for 74k. I let it go in favor of a 2012 Frontier 6 speed because I wanted more power. The 12 Frontier was great as well, but I only kept it for 23k because of collision damage.

They definitely don't suck. Are they perfect? Absolutely not. Neither is Toyota.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: The Critic
I would just avoid the lower end Nissan products...or Nissan in general. But that's my preference only.

Your mom loves her Nissan Altima, no? I told you to avoid Nissan back then. but you were young back then
wink.gif

She likes how the car drives, but the component quality on that car (and most other Nissan/Infiniti products) are definitely a step or two behind their competitors.

I have already had to replace a coolant reservoir at 30k (and it took me 2 reservoirs from the dealer to find one that didn't leak) and the upper radiator hose is leaking. Good stuff!

Nissan makes shoddy products, my neighbors G35 when I opened the hood, I couldn't see the floor, an engineering and maintenance nightmare.

The G35s are not too bad to work on, but the component quality is terrible (even BMW makes better stuff). The cars are pretty much a gold mine for a flat-rate dealer tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back