Late model nissan frontier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent truck for the money. Some May say it's long in the tooth, but it's a stout well priced package that IMO does not feel old on the rd. Solid over built slightly shortened Titan Chassis under it. It's "old" 4.0 V6 still makes more torque than the new Tacoma, and GM Colorado/Canyon 6 cylinder options.

281 ft lbs at 4000 rpm with 90% of that available at 2000 rpm.

I had a 2012 Crew Cab 6 speed manual that I loved. Easily got over 22 mpg on the hwy with he cruise set at 73 mph. I only got rid of it because of some collision damage, and my OCD side didn't want a fairly new truck that needed paint work.

I am seriously considering the Frontier as a replacement for my 15 year old S-10. Has anyone had any experience with Nissan customer service? I know that most of us like to do our own work, but in the event that there is a warranty issue, I would like to know how Nissan takes care of its customers. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Wingman
I am seriously considering the Frontier as a replacement for my 15 year old S-10. Has anyone had any experience with Nissan customer service? I know that most of us like to do our own work, but in the event that there is a warranty issue, I would like to know how Nissan takes care of its customers. Thanks!

I've had a few Nissan's as well as my family with minimal issues to report, but this was pretty cool what they did for me.

I had a 2012 Frontier. It had I think 21,000 or so miles in October of 2014. I was planning on leaving my house around 3am for a road trip. Went to start truck. Battery is dead. I used my other truck to jump start it, and drove to a 24 hour Autozone to replace the battery.

Once I reached my destination, I sent Nissan a private message on Facebook telling them what happened, and a picture of the receipt, and Vin #.
This was on a Saturday, and Consumer Affairs is closed on Saturday. They told me someone would call me Monday. I told them I would be out of the Country for a week, and to please call the Monday after.

They did just that, and mailed me a check for the replacement cost for the battery.

Originally Posted By: Wingman
Wow! That is outstanding customer service. Thanks for the info.

No prob! I was expecting them to tell me I needed to bring them the Battery to the dealer or it needed to be installed in the truck prior to them testing etc. They made it easy.

That truck was only driven on wknds or rd trips so that may have contributed to it's short 2 year life. It definitely got driven plenty on the wknds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back