Windows Live Mail Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I was moving all my files from one Windows 7 computer to another Windows 7 computer. Everything went fine except the Export and Import of my Live Mail messages. I could not make the transfer using a Flash Drive. However, I was able to make the transfer using an external hard drive using the same procedures that would not work with the Flash Drive. Anyone know why? Thanks!

I don't know how Windows Live Mail stores data, but if it's in one large file, then you may have ran into file size limit on the flash drive if it was formatted as FAT or FAT32 (4GB file size max). Reformat it as NTFS and try again.

It was a 32g flash drive with only 10g being used. There were no error messages and only one folder would transfer. When I exported to the external hard drive, it showed all the folders being transferred over the course of about 30 seconds. With the flash drive, the export was instantaneous, but only one folder really transferred. I tried multiple times with the same result. It is not a big deal, because I got it done using the external hard drive, but it has me puzzled as to why it would not work with the flash drive. Thank you for your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back