Purolator Boss efficiency information here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Costs are always important, to any filter maker. Purolator's strategy appears to be to tell the buying public this is the best filter you can buy, deceiving them, and NOT showing actual performance measures. The buying public is uninformed, and they like that.

Fortunately, we can point out the differences here and blow their strategy.

Yes and no. I think you can safely assume that 99.9% of the buying public will never visit BITOG. Their marketing strategy is going to work fine within most of that demographic.

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Costs are always important, to any filter maker. Purolator's strategy appears to be to tell the buying public this is the best filter you can buy, deceiving them, and NOT showing actual performance measures. The buying public is uninformed, and they like that.

Fortunately, we can point out the differences here and blow their strategy.

Yes and no. I think you can safely assume that 99.9% of the buying public will never visit BITOG. Their marketing strategy is going to work fine within most of that demographic.

Exactly, and that's why they use that tact. Especially if giving the real details makes it look bad to the ones who know and understand performance specs.

Originally Posted By: Manofsteel
Originally Posted By: steveh
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill
So its likley that these frampires(thanks jk_636 FOR THE TERM LOL, FREE OF CHARGE THOUGH) are not actually being paid all that well then? I gotta say in that case that they are certainly earning their money lol. They should get a raise actually. Better yet they should go out and earn more honest money. or find a way to earn money on the side with integrety if thats what their doing. That would give them a sense of usefullness. Anyway its shamefull what their doing.
What is it that you have brought to the table other than some lame rhetoric that either proves or disproves anything? Any test results? Any other data? Any cut open filters that you have used that show how good or bad any brand of filter may be? Are you simply here as a troll to stir the water?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Manofsteel
Originally Posted By: steveh
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/Internet-shill
So its likley that these frampires(thanks jk_636 FOR THE TERM LOL, FREE OF CHARGE THOUGH) are not actually being paid all that well then? I gotta say in that case that they are certainly earning their money lol. They should get a raise actually. Better yet they should go out and earn more honest money. or find a way to earn money on the side with integrety if thats what their doing. That would give them a sense of usefullness. Anyway its shamefull what their doing.
What is it that you have brought to the table other than some lame rhetoric that either proves or disproves anything? Any test results? Any other data? Any cut open filters that you have used that show how good or bad any brand of filter may be? Are you simply here as a troll to stir the water?

He's a reincarnated banned troller ... pretty easy to see.

Whatever the info is, it’s certainly top secret. I submitted several questions to Purolator and Mann+Hummel, about three weeks ago. I’m still waiting for a response. If and when I get them, I’ll be happy to share.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Can some one explains me about what those # mean ? Ex 99.99% at 20 micron ....

It means 99.99% of all particles 20 microns and larger are caught by the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back