What make of car do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like any brand or model. I just get what meets my needs and at the best value. No one is making any auto or pickup that excites me. It comes down to determining positives and negatives combined with features and what I can get it for. I have even had Ford employee buyer discounts available since the carrier I was with was a preferred hauler to the production plants. I never took advantage of it. Not doing auto freight anymore.

I'll be the first for Nissan. The underdog/black sheep of the Japanese, very often overlooked, but has made quite notable cars in the past, and continues to make great cars for today, for the most part.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of Honda Accords, a Nissan Sentra, a few Fords (Ranger, 91 Mustang GT, 01 Mustang GT) and one very miserable VW Jetta TDI.

I always come back to GM, their stuff has been good to me and based off my usage habits very durable.

durable daily driver and trade value has to be Toyota..My old Hondas seemed to eat suspension parts and drive shafts...hard on exhaust parts too although we short tripped them.

Last edited:
Honda. They seem to hit the nail on the head when it comes to being well balanced...good handling, good build quality, good gas mileage, good styling, good reliability, etc. I have owned 3 cars, all have been Honda Accords. The first was a 1995 EX, then a 2006 LX, now a 2012 EX-L. They all have that "Honda" feel to them.

I tend to like/dislike individual platforms more than brands, but if I were to pick a most liked brand, it would be Ford, since they have produced my favorite vehicle platforms.

I really like Mazda's for their driving dynamics and reliability. I have had great experience with Toyota products in the past, too. And, that new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has gotten my attention, big time. I want one.

My family has owned mainly Jeep and Honda vehicles. Growing up my mom also had a Nissan Quest van in the 90s that was pretty reliable. It was actually made by Ford (same as the Mercury Villager).

I'm not really brand loyal though. I like my 4.0 powered Jeeps and the older ones like the CJ and Wagoneers, but not many of the newer models appeal to me.

I liked and bought what was the best(to me) at that time.

I bought 1994 Lexus LS400 because it was the best sub $50k sedan at that time. Same for 2000 MB E430, it was the best sub $60k sedan. Similar for 2004 Honda S2000, there wasn't better 2-seat convertible for less than $40k in late 2003.

I don't like Volvo, but my daughter like wagon. She was in school so I bought a used one for her. She is working full time as a nurse now, her next car probably will be a wagon and probably VW sport wagon will be her next car.

Brand is secondary to me, the model is more importance.

American trucks for work, not really brand loyal here they are all about the same.

For cars I tend to gravitate towards Mercedes, although I have a soft spot for Jag's.

Last edited:
Practicality? Honda
Fun? VW
I only have a Mitsubishi because it was the rally car I could afford back in 2011.

I like VW because I like the way German cars feel, and I could actually afford one. I had a 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T 180HP and nearly put myself in the Darwin Awards. Side airbags saved my life.

When I can afford it, my goal is to own and live in a Winnebago Rialta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back