High Mileage Mobil 1 for Honda EU2000I Generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of Honda EU2000i generators that I put 10W30 Mobil 1 high mileage oil in them. My question is: Will the High Mileage version of Mobil 1 cause the seals to swell and then wear quicker than the non-high mileage Mobil 1? I don't want the seals to wear out prematurely.

I think this used to be an issue, but no longer is with advanced oil tech.

No it won't be a problem. All motor oil contains seal conditioners, the high mileage will just have a little more. I've heard roughly double the seal conditioners as an estimate.

One of the EU2000i generators is brand new and the other has at least a hundred hours on it. I didn't want the seals to swell and then wear faster then shrink and leak if I changed to regular non-high mileage oil. The reason I am using it in the first place is that there is always some left over from car oil changes. Do you guys think that the higher quantity of seal condtioners in the oil might be good due to the fact that these engines might not get a lot of use?

I have heard they are more like elastomers now, just keeping sealy malliable, but not expanding them like days of old oils. probably no problem at all...

It won't be a problem. But there is no reason to use that oil either. The camshaft is actually plastic and ZDDP is not needed. Standard Mobil 1 will work perfectly.

OK thanks guys for the input, I do not want to mess anything up on these fine generators due to saving a few bucks on oil.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back