how to remove browning on tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some solid rubber tires from a goped scooter that I never installed cause I couldn't get them mounted. They've been sitting in the shed for like 5 years and they're brown, dirty and a little moldy. lol Can I just use tire shine on them like a normal tire? I want to put them on ebay and just want to clean them up a bit.

Bleche-Wite. Formerly made by Westleys, now sold under Black Magic name. Still in white bottle with red and blue lettering.

Last edited:
Rhere used to be a product in the dollar tree that was called street appeal. The brow would come out in three seconds with a single spray. Did better than anything I tried on break dust too. Sadly it was gone for 5+ years, and only returned for a brief moment (I bout it all up in every store) and is now replaced with something else. Don't know if it is a rebrand or a different product as I still have a stash and no need to by an unknown product.

Any good degreaser scrubbed and rinsed a couple times will clean them very well. I'd skip the tire shine for the eBay pictures. Just clean them up good and let them dry before snapping pics. Will look natural, not like hiding anything.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Any good degreaser scrubbed and rinsed a couple times will clean them very well. I'd skip the tire shine for the eBay pictures. Just clean them up good and let them dry before snapping pics. Will look natural, not like hiding anything.

I like when someone puts a bald tire up for sale "30% thread" and they armor-all the tread part of the rubber to make it mirror-shiny.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger

I like when someone puts a bald tire up for sale "30% thread" and they armor-all the tread part of the rubber to make it mirror-shiny.

know a guy who's girlfriend washed the bike as a surprise for him. He was ticked off to no end. She armoralled the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back