BG MOA products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about BG Moa ? Someone suggested I check this stuff out. I've been a long time LC20 and FP plus user along with Schaeffer Oil. Just curious if this stuff is good or just snake oil. https://www.bgprod.com/

Well, they're a little more reputable than many additive companies. What are you trying to accomplish in the first place? The local Infiniti/Nissan dealer likes to push the stuff, which is clearly not necessary with the OEM 3750 mile severe service OCIs. Is there a deficiency you're trying to address?

I've never heard of this product ,curious if any one knows anything about it.Just like the idea of preventative maintenance. Lube control products have been excellent for keeping the motor and trans in tip top shape. I'm always checking different products and if there is a better product I'm willing to try it. I think Lube control in the long run is cheaper and this product will be more expensive.

As far as maintenance goes, assuming you're following reasonable maintenance procedures and intervals, I wouldn't really bother. Modern oils don't need any help. If I didn't have confidence in what I were using, I'd find something else, rather than second guessing the formulators in trying to enhance the product.

If an engine were sludged or I needed a good fuel injector cleaning done by a shop, well, I might consider BG products, certainly ahead of plenty of other competitors. But, regular oil changes and Top Tier fuel, with the occasional splash of a PEA based cleaner, are plenty.

Interesting, I did not know many others still used the LC. As to BG, many people love these products, primarily the fuel additives. As for me, I don't like the way some dealers push them ( I honestly think dealers get a kickback of some kind when they add it to an oil change and never inform the owner prior to doing so) And overall I feel they are significantly overpriced and not needed unless one is having an issue.

As to LC, much less expensive but the shipping is a killer.

okay maybe i should ask a different question. Whats in the product? What exactly is the idea behind it? The website seems very vague as to what it suppose to do , mostly sales rhetoric.

Well, additives tend to rely on a lot of rhetoric for sales, and a lot less science, so that should not surprise you. And, even where an additive does have its place, it's still usually not needed or even desired where one is already conducting proper maintenance. So, yes, a site will be short on the science.

Saying that an engine will last hundreds of thousands of miles on proper oil changes and will also last hundreds of thousands of miles on proper oil changes plus additive X won't help sell additive X.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back