Mityvac MV6835

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have experience with Mityvac MV6835, I used Mityvac MV7201 to bleed the brake systems of my cars and it worked very well.

The advantage of Mityvac MV7201 is it can be used to do oil change and ATF too.

I have one - it doesn't work too well. You always end up with a slightly soft pedal afterwards, so you'll need to follow up with a few pumps at rah wheel (manual bleed).

I prefer pressure bleeding whenever possible. Get a Motive Pressure Bleeder with the correct Honda adapter from Powerprobe. It is cheaper and more effective.

Is that a different adapter than the universal that people complain about on Honda's?

Brake bleeding can be easy, and some times it's a PITA. My Volvo is a PITA because it has a brake junction design, which is an excellent design because when one brake leaks or what ever you still have three left. But on the other hand, it seems like one air bubble or two can be problematic.

The crowd over at Turbobricks recommend the Motive bleeders because they pressure bleed as already mentioned by The Critic. The Mityvac can suck air back in the system when the bleeder valve is open. There may be a work around, but I don't know about it.

Anyway, I am going to buy a Motive bleeder myself because it just seems to be a better method especially if you get a good seal on the master cylinder.

I have a motive bleeder. Works awesome on my Tacoma but you can't find adapters for Hondas...at least on the CRV.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I have a motive bleeder. Works awesome on my Tacoma but you can't find adapters for Hondas...at least on the CRV.

There's an adapter available. You need to measure the diameter of the master cylinder reservoir. There are two different ones available, depending on the diameter. They are almost an exact fit; the adapter uses an expandable o-ring design.

BA09 - 2.91":
http://www.powerprobe.com/webstore/index.php?route=product/product&path=96_97&product_id=131

BA08 - 2.11-2.17":
http://www.powerprobe.com/webstore/index.php?route=product/product&path=96_97&product_id=128

I bought a Mityvac MV6835 about 18 months ago and I love it. I maintain four vehicles and sometimes help friends with theirs. I've bled about a half-dozen brake systems with it since i bought it. Also I've used it to suck power steering fluid from the reservoir.

One thing I've found is that is uses quite a lot of air. I have a 2.5hp compressor with a 20-gallon tank, and it just barely keeps up with the regulator set to about 60 PSI. Not sure how well it would work if you have one of those tiny compressors.

Also I find myself not bothering to use the auto fill kit for the master cylinder, so I could have saved money by buying the cheaper model that doesn't include it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back