Motorcraft Air Filter- Nice Quality-Made In USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend i put a new Motorcraft air filter in my Moms 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis bought directly from the Dealer. It was very impressive the pleats were absolutely perfect and everything about it looked great.
It was also made in the U.S.A.

It also fit the air box very nicely (of course it's oem)
Im not sure who makes the motorcraft air filter but if its who i think it is they are doing something right !!!

MC filters did not work as well in my 2010 FX4 as did NAPA Gold filters. The silicon levels dropped considerably when I switched.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
MC filters did not work as well in my 2010 FX4 as did NAPA Gold filters. The silicon levels dropped considerably when I switched.

Very interesting! Did you change anything else as well such as service intervals, oil filters or perhaps there was engine work done during the MC filter runtime?

Originally Posted By: buck91
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Very interesting! Did you change anything else as well such as service intervals, oil filters or perhaps there was engine work done during the MC filter runtime?
No other changes--in fact, I went longer on the NAPA Gold and still had less silicon. The NAPA filter **seems** to be very lightly oiled (perhaps not), but the media seems to grab more dirt. NAPA Gold's are all that I use now and I will be installing one in my PSD when it is time.

They look like Purolator, but claim a higher efficiency rating (though they aren't specific to the particle size). So probably made to MC specifications. They also cost the same or less than other brands so I go with them.

They fit my two vehicles like they were made for them...imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back