164,000 miles new brake job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally had to put brakes and rotors on the back, lasted 163,000 miles and the front were done a week later with new rotors and pads, would have done them at the same time, but it was a money/timing issue. I new my pads were close, but one day I went to drive car and the grinding noise in the back started, had them replaced first. I used Wagner ThermoQuiet and premium rotors from advance auto. Than a week later I had a napa repair facility due the fronts, they used Premium Ceramic pads and premium rotors. So basically, the OEM pads and rotors lasted around 164,000 miles average, they are Aekebono. I have 165,000 miles on vehicle and don't know how long I'm going to keep vehicle, so i went the cheaper route, but still quality. Also i usually like to run same pads and rotors on all wheels, but I guess now i can see who's parts last longer.

Last edited:
Coming up to 70k on my brakes....also made by Aekebono. Not sure how much more though, is it is getting my city driving now....

02 astro. OE front pads shot at 20K. Replaced with Thermoquiets, at 220 they were replaced with new thermoquiets. Joplin tornado ate it at 240K or I would still be driving it. Never put shoes on back. Never needed them. And towed boat some, and towed friends broken down Windstar home 800 miles twice.

Rod

Wear & tear parts would lasted a long time if it is rarely used. Brake pads & rotors would lasted much longer if the car is mostly driven on highway, for cars that are mostly driven on surface streets in rush hour traffic then it wouldn't lasted long.

Same for clutch and other wear & tear parts.

I did 168kmiles on my Jetta's rears. The fronts I left alone as they had like 3/4 left. But I wound up rplacing those at 175k when one pad decided to separate from the backing plate.

We don't get a lot of snow in this part of Ohio, last year was the worst with 84 inches, we do get lots of ice rain, they don't salt the roads that much. Where I originally came from was Northern Michigan were they had 222 inches of snow in my town last year..They use lots of road salt there, the cars there have ton's of surface rust up underneath the body/frame. I did drive 60 miles to work round trip, flat area hardly any stop signs. Most of my driving was not city driving but highway which helps alot..My car does not have any rust underneath it for a 2010, if I had it in northern michigan it would be a rust bucket..As for the MSDS for the Napa Premium Ceramics it seems that they are manufactured in Canada and Supplied by Rayloc, same goes for the rotors. The Wagner rotors and pads are all made in USA..Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back