yamalube 0w-40 full synthetic with ester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably would play heck with a Kawasaki!
15.gif

gnjohn, I just went through this dilemma. I was looking for a 0w40 JASO MA for my snowmobile but didn't want to spent the $20/L for Yamahalube 0w40. I decided to go with Mystik JT-4 0w40. it is $9.99/L reg price and goes on sale for $6.99/L which is pretty reasonable in my opinion. We still don't have any snow, so haven't tried it out yet.

Originally Posted By: gap599
gnjohn, I just went through this dilemma. I was looking for a 0w40 JASO MA for my snowmobile but didn't want to spent the $20/L for Yamahalube 0w40. I decided to go with Mystik JT-4 0w40. it is $9.99/L reg price and goes on sale for $6.99/L which is pretty reasonable in my opinion. We still don't have any snow, so haven't tried it out yet.

I was wanting to use the yamalube in my turbo viper but it is pricey..

I have a 4-stroke Yamaha Vector. I just use Mobil One in the same weight with crankcase oil changes.

I do use the Citgo/Mystic injection oil with a two-stroke injection Skidoo. No problems with either.

I just got two machines out of storage, looking for more snow this year.

ok. I guess the biggest thing is to be sure to use nothing rated "energy conserving" which I realize none or most of the 0w-40's have.

Originally Posted By: gnjohn
ok. I guess the biggest thing is to be sure to use nothing rated "energy conserving" which I realize none or most of the 0w-40's have.

shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference as snowmobiles do not have wet clutches (unlike most motorcycles)...

You are right, no wet clutch but they do state not to use oils marked "energy conserving".

thanks for the replys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back