Drivers in China intentionally kill pedestrians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall an article about a bus crash in Chicago I think it was. It was a time of high unemployment #'s in urban areas.

Anyway, the report stated that a number of pedestrians that observed the crash, quickly pried open the door and jumped on the bus in hopes of collecting some sort of compensation from the city, who was the operator of the bus.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

Obviously not but I have seen the driver culture. The article presents it as a driver culture. That is B.S.

You are implying that I have not seen some isolated incident somewhere in some corner.

Isolated incidents are not culture.

Isolated incidents are not culture? Hmmm....really?

Why then, are you continuing to post isolated incidents of CCW mistakes? You make culture inferences in those threads that you've started. Does "culture" only apply when you want it to? Is it OK to extrapolate behavior when you're making specious political points about gun owners? Is that the trolling logic?

For example: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._ha#Post3878772

In which you state:

"http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-n...ills-home-depot

This is why we don't like when law abiding citizens carry a loaded weapon.
How do you think this would turn out if this woman did not have a CCW?"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

Obviously not but I have seen the driver culture. The article presents it as a driver culture. That is B.S.

You are implying that I have not seen some isolated incident somewhere in some corner.

Isolated incidents are not culture.

Isolated incidents are not culture? Hmmm....really?

Why then, are you continuing to post isolated incidents of CCW mistakes? You make culture inferences in those threads that you've started. Does "culture" only apply when you want it to? Is it OK to extrapolate behavior when you're making specious political points about gun owners? Is that the trolling logic?

For example: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._ha#Post3878772

In which you state:

"http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-n...ills-home-depot

That is a direct quote from a previous post with the same title by some other BITOG member where I only added the "don't". I'm sure his generalizing words did not arouse such a passionate rebuttal in you.

Also, there is absolutely no evidence of something happening in a corner somewhere in China. There are plenty of examples of idiots with CCW harming themselves or others.

Late 90's some of my workmates were offered postings to build a station in Vietnam.

There was a "no drive" rule for all of them ..."rich" westerners, who could be fined, sued, and otherwise responsible for lifetime outlays by people manufacturing incidents.

I can see that the premise of the initial article in that you are better off with a fatality than an injury/disability, and there are people mercenary enough to do that calculation on a life.

Recent rule changes in my state are that as a driver I am now responsible for the drunk jaywalkers

I like how the Chinese harvest organs from criminals and other degenerates for productive citizens.

Great policy their.

Um the US doesn't have the moral authority on the criminal justice system either, where the law is applied unequally and biased, and inmates are given over as basically slave labor to private corporations for profit

Originally Posted By: raytseng
Um the US doesn't have the moral authority on the criminal justice system either, where the law is applied unequally and biased, and inmates are given over as basically slave labor to private corporations for profit

There is a reason behind us having the largest per capita prison population in the world. It is slavery.

Amendment XIII

Section 1.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

Pretty much that's why you get 20 years for having a crack pipe, the for profit prisons need prisoners to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back