How do you think this would have turn out w/o CCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Whats the problem here?

That the thieves are the victims of insensitivity, i guess.

She will probably be charged for an unlawful discharge of a firearm in a public place, disorderly conduct and maybe endangering the lives of the others.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
She will probably be charged for an unlawful discharge of a firearm in a public place, disorderly conduct and maybe endangering the lives of the others.
What does this have to do with the other 99.9999% of CCW folks that didn't shoot at the shoplifters?

She should not have fired...in your self preservation, definitely yes. To stop a shoplifter? Definitely no....you are NOT the police and this may be seen as vigilanteism.

Originally Posted By: hatt
What does this have to do with the other 99.9999% of CCW folks that didn't shoot at the shoplifters?

+1. We don't condemn all drivers for the stupid ones who cause accidents.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Who is "we"?

People who value CCW privilege.

Privilege? Illinois still can't get its head around the right to bear arms?

Last edited:
I've never understood the need for a CCW (with the exception that felons could hide a weapon).

We have open carry here so it's not really questioned however carrying a firearm on your hip tends to draw a lot more attention to yourself and intimidates others around you far more then having a weapon tucked under your shirt.

I'm out of time now but will chime in later. I'm an NRA firearms instructor and will give you my thoughts on this when I have a few minutes later.

There is a lot of derp in here already.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
There is a lot of derp in here already.

What is derp?

Some colleges don't even want you to say it. When derp is outlawed, only outlaws will use derp. One can only imagine how they would feel about weapons. Or sticks and stones.

CCW is a privilege according to federal case law. Not an IL case at all.

Actually its not a "privilege" its a "right". That "right" actually holds in Il. But they manage to give the least "right" as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back