Nippon Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I had the dealer change the oil on the Altima because it was too cold to do it myself.

Since I had a coupon for the oil change, they used a Nippon branded oil filter, part #15208-65F00P, instead of a Genuine Nissan filter. The advisor said they use Nippon filters (presumably from worldpac) on coupon special oil changes in order to keep the cost down. This is the first time that I have seen a dealer use a different oil filter for coupon oil changes.

The filter looks like this:

W01331800054NPN.JPG

On the receipt it shows the list price to be $4.95 but I was only billed $2.95 for the filter.

Does anyone have more info on these filters? I did a google search and one site showed pictures of metal endcaps and a nitrile ADBV, but the color of the Nippon filter he cut open was not the white/grey color of the one that is installed onto my car.

Thanks.

I thought that I read on this forum that Nippon is a OEM filter manufacturer for Asian cars such as Nissan. Not 100% sure though.

The best oil filter is the 15208-9E000, per the Nissan Forums, because it is still made in Japan, not China, supposedly. That is the OEM Filter I have on my Nissan.

I wonder about those part numbers that are shown. The one is the same as the factory filter that came off my 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 S, pictured below. So I wonder if it was a Nippon that was the factory filter, or if the Nippon pictured above is showing compatible Nissan parts numbers or something like that?

IMG_2426s.jpg

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Today, I had the dealer change the oil on the Altima because it was too cold to do it myself.

How cold it it in CA these days?
laugh.gif

I have the dealer installed Nissan Shorty filter made in China similar to above except is says 65FOC instead of FOD. It's here cut open, just haven't gotten to post pics yet.

The Nissan is typical fiber endcap construction, hard to believe the Nippon above is cheaper to make than the Nissan.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
I have the dealer installed Nissan Shorty filter made in China similar to above except is says 65FOC instead of FOD. It's here cut open, just haven't gotten to post pics yet.

Please post a link here to the thread with pictures when you get it up. I'm interested to see just how the Nissan filter looks.

Look around the web - you can buy "fake" toyota and nissan filters made witout license (illegally) in china all over the place. Grab a faux Louis Vuitton handbag for the girl while you're at it ... I hope the dealer isnt getting sold this bill of good. I do hear on the street that they are better than OCOD and NROCDM is as (almost) as good as JDM
wink.gif

No Genuine toyota Hologram Tape on box - No Genuine Toyota Part.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/i...amp;startrow=11

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sayjac
I have the dealer installed Nissan Shorty filter made in China similar to above except is says 65FOC instead of FOD.

Now that I look at things closer, the picture of the Nippon does NOT have the same part number as my factory filter. The Nippon has 65F00 and 65F0C whereas my factory filter was 65F0D. Sorry if I instilled any confusion or bad information into the thread.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

laugh.gif

The Saturn was parked outside last night and the windshield had a thick layer of frost on it this morning. So, probably 30s?

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
The best oil filter is the 15208-9E000, per the Nissan Forums, because it is still made in Japan, not China, supposedly. That is the OEM Filter I have on my Nissan.

Both of these filters are Made in China, long and short. At least everyone we install all day long. Says it right on the filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

laugh.gif

Down here in So Cal the high today is only 69F and overnight low is 42F, to cold to do anything outdoor.
56.gif

I've used Nippon oil filters for 25 years on Acuras, Hondas and Infinitis with zero issues. And I pay $4.20 for them at a local indie parts store. The early ones were made in Japan. For several years, they have been made in Malaysia, but it's still a Japanese company. I prefer these to Chinese made filters. Genuine OEM quality.

.My first Toyota, a 67 Corona with a 3RB engine, had a lot of parts labeled NipponDenso. I don't see that on my current Toyota. Is Nippon still around or is Denso the main company now?

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
.My first Toyota, a 67 Corona with a 3RB engine, had a lot of parts labeled NipponDenso. I don't see that on my current Toyota. Is Nippon still around or is Denso the main company now?

Nippondenso changed their name to Denso in 1996. Even with original factory parts that said Nippondenso on them, if you buy a brand new one at the dealer, it will say Denso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back