high speed vib-mechanic increased TP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mechanic also inspected the tires and raised the car and checked front wheel bearings. Wheels have not been balanced for at least 15,000 miles.

Steering wheel vibration was putting my arms to sleep. Increasing TP from sticker 32psi to 37psi has cured that but the steering wheel still shakes a little. Do you think sticker recommended TP is usually too low?

The mechanic didn't even suggest balancing. The trip to the shop only cost me a $3 tip. At this point I have saved $22!

Any rim damage? I have a dented rim that is balanced on a tire spinner and there is a large weight on it.

It gives me Little vibration at 85mph+

I think the only way to cure this is to fix the rim or switch it out with the spare

Balance them already! Also ask if there's a wobble to the wheel; the mech won't tell you in most cases but it's good to know.

In theory, the increased pressure shouldn't have made much of a difference. I suspect something else is going on.

Clearly, you have a tire out of round, and there may be a balance issue, too.

3 are Dunlop Signature, and one is Republic Invader Sport. The Republic is older than the Dunlops.

Yesterday there was a little vibration in the morning for the first 10 minutes or so. Drive home in the afternoon was smooth all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back