Fram ph3506 3200 miles on 8200 oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed filters at 5k. Was on my 04 z71 5.3 with 80,000 miles oil was m1ep. 5w30. around 1.3 yr oci 60 mo on this filter. Olm hit 0% at around 7500. Lots of towing .
For an ocod it looks perfect replaced with synpower 5w30 and a fram ultra. Planning on 8500 oci

Visually it looks good and in fully intact. I wonder what the differential pressure was across that filter during typical operation as 40-60 psig system pressure since it's one way to know how well it was actually flowing.

As the title says, 3200 miles.

Here is one I used for over 5k miles.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3623843/1

mhpq2p.jpg

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Visually it looks good and in fully intact. I wonder what the differential pressure was across that filter during typical operation as 40-60 psig system pressure since it's one way to know how well it was actually flowing.

The pressure the engine's oiling system is running at doesn't really have anything to do with the delta-p across an oil filter.

The delta-p across the filter is a function of the oil flow rate, the oil viscosity and the flow resistance of the filter. Only way to really know the delta-p across the filter is to read the pressure before and after the filter.

The oil pressure seen on the dash is the delta-p across the engine's oil system, not including the filter since the oil pressure sensor is typically located after the oil filter.

Looks ok for what it is.. That said i would not ever use one of those filters.. I like the wix for the shop and for my own vehicles however the ultra is also a very nice filter.
the ocod is not a filter i tell people to use.

Looks fine, good you explained what happened on the other one with the can. Not bad, fairly high efficiency, synthetic blend media and in the pics the pleats look deep on these. I don't know if the are, but deep makes up for fewer. They seem to have gotten the bugs out. Or is that a bug I see on the ground with the oily parts? Cutting used filters is an oily mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back