mobil super synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only place I know to buy it is at auto parts stores and even then on an OCI special it is close to the same price as M1 at Wally's.

Now if Wally's had MSS I'd bet it'd give QSUD a good run for the money. But with the huge selection of M1 Wally's carries it'd probably confuse the average oil buyer too.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Where you guys getting Mobil Super Synthetic at? Over here it's $7.19 per quart plus tax.

Meijers around here carries it for ~$21 per 5qt jug. Im not sure if that chain is nationwide or not. Basically it is just like a Walmart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SR5
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: SR5
This is a complete guess, based on no facts, but would it be possible the M1 is group 3 + group 4, while MSS is pure group 3. ??

I've seen a few posts firmly state that M1 has PAO in it. Plus there are many group 3 only full synthetics on the market. So MSS could be Mobil's entry in the pure group 3 market. Big companies like to have all options covered.

Nothing wrong with a pure group 3, especially if the price is right. Isn't SynPower a pure group 3 as well? I buy that because it's much cheaper than the PAO based M1 and Castrol Edge. If I was entering an endurance race, I would probably upgrade to a PAO based synthetic.

Synpower is a mix of group III, group IV etc. it is not entirely group III.

Thanks Donnyj08, that's good to know. I always liked SynPower.

Cheers

It's one of my favorites
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Meijers around here carries it for ~$21 per 5qt jug.

OK that explains it. There's no Meijers around here. Walmart rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back