Its not in my manual so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
about how much dot3 or 4 fluid do I need to buy for my clutch flush and brake flush? Im looking at the valvoline syn..

Thanks!

both have been done a couple yrs ago but I want to change out them and go with the synthetic.

Thanks

Probably about a quart or so. But to be safe, buy at least a quart bottle and a small bottle to go with it. Valvoline brake fluid is a perfectly good choice.

Also, speed bleeders are awesome.

Ok Im doing the clutch and brakes..

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Probably about a quart or so. But to be safe, buy at least a quart bottle and a small bottle to go with it. Valvoline brake fluid is a perfectly good choice.

Also, speed bleeders are awesome.

No, once you break the seal, it should be used within a couple weeks. Otherwise, it will absorb too much moisture.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
both have been done a couple yrs ago but I want to change out them and go with the synthetic.

Thanks

It's all synthetic

Originally Posted By: AP9
No, once you break the seal, it should be used within a couple weeks. Otherwise, it will absorb too much moisture.

Even a fully sealed plastic bottle will absorb moisture over time.

The fully sealed metal can containers much less so, but still some moisture absorption over a long time period.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Thanks

It's all synthetic

Yes all of it is. Just by price and it is better to have more than what you need.

ok , I have a big bottle (32oz) and still wondering if I need the small 12 oz or another 32 oz?

Hydraulic clutches need less fluid than brake systems, I think you have enough fluid to do both jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back