Chrome Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that the Chrome browser has some issues with this website. I have used Chrome for years and have never had issues, but now pages stop loading and links do not seems to work. I have cleared out everything to no avail.

I have the same issues on my iPad too.

Last edited:
Chrome is working fine for me on Windows 7 64 bit. Disable all extensions, and see if that helps any.

I figured out what is causing the problem. It works if I shut off the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option. Never had a problem with that before or on any other browser?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tmorris1

Chrome for tablets and phones is a big fat memory sucking pig...also buggy. Maybe when phones and tablets have 4GB of RAM (we're getting close) then it will work better.

There are several better and lighter options for tablets, my favorite is CM Browser.

That setting uses your graphics chip/card to process the windows for speed and offload your CPU. May want to see if you have latest video drivers as a possible solution.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Originally Posted By: tmorris1

Chrome for tablets and phones is a big fat memory sucking pig...also buggy. Maybe when phones and tablets have 4GB of RAM (we're getting close) then it will work better.

There are several better and lighter options for tablets, my favorite is CM Browser.

Not available for IOS. I have never had a problem with Chrome. All IOS browsers are essentially a shell for Safari anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back