Quaker State Syn blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up someome sorta by mistake. 5 qt jug was gold like the UD I have been using, that WM didn't have. It said it was Dexos rated, and had a 7$ rebate sticker on it that doesn't look like it is for it.

QS claims it has 50% syn base, d it was Dexos rated, and had a 7$ rebate sticker on it that doesn't look like it is for it.

QS claims it has 50% syn base, whatever syn means now a days.

Any ideas or opinions on the oil?
d it was Dexos rated, and had a 7$ rebate sticker on it that doesn't look like it is for it.

QS claims it has 50% syn base, whatever syn means now a days.

Any ideas or opinions on the oil?

Thanks...
Thanks...whatever syn means now a days

I have used the QS Dexos blend and the Pennzoil Dexos blend. Both did very well in my dad's car.

I do not think most syn blends are 50/50 like the Pennzoil/QS oils. So this is definitely a good thing.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
I have used the QS Dexos blend and the Pennzoil Dexos blend. Both did very well in my dad's car.

I do not think most syn blends are 50/50 like the Pennzoil/QS oils. So this is definitely a good thing.

They might be the same oil in different label bottle

Nah. Pennzoil Gold probably has gtl in it. I don't think the gtl is making it to the quaker state brands.

Could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Justin251
Nah. Pennzoil Gold probably has gtl in it. I don't think the gtl is making it to the quaker state brands.

Could be wrong.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same, being that dexos licensing actually costs money. Not sure whether the pricing is by each product, or only a single fee schedule per oil company/brand as a whole

They're also the same price at Walmart, or very close to the same price.

Originally Posted By: beast3300

With the modern standards so demanding, they very well might be 50% syn. Motorcraft is 60% syn, and Magnatec is full syn in the 20 grades, but probably 50-60% syn in the 30's.

Even SN "dino" is a syn blend, some with up to 40% group III. Cheap Smittys at Kmart is 10% PAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back