Pull after front end alignment, Brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car: Saturn Astra XR5.
So I replaced the inner and outer tie rod ends as well as ball joints last night. This afternoon I went and got a front end alignment. The results were that they aligned it and all was well except the rear right toe was out of spec and they cannot fix that since it has a solid "torsion beam" axel; and because of this they could do nothing and it has to stay that way.
Also the car pulls to the right with the steering wheel slightly cocked right, he said this is probably due to the right brakes dragging and causing it to slightly pull right.

Should I take it to another alignment shot for a second opinion as well as is the rear really not alienable??
Thanks everyone.

I'd go back to the first shop and tell them to make it right, first. Get the numbers; they could be lazy and not wanting to grind stuff. Is this a chain store?

I once got an alignment and the slight pull got worse.

A few weeks later I replaced my power steering gear and then the vehicle tracked straight. There is a way, on mine vehicle at least, to center the gear's pressure, by loosening some bolts and tapping a control valve up or down.

Just bringing up the possibility, I've no idea whether your vehicle has the same ability/problem/feature.

But I've little faith in most alignment shops, especially if they send out 40$ coupons in the local fliers.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
They did a poor job, take it back.

I once went in for an alignment and the steering wheel was more crooked than when I came in. I took it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back