Motul 505 01 502 00 5w40 vs Motul 8100 Excess 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 2007 A4 with a 2.0 TFSI. Have been having the oil changes done by Audi using the Castrol Professional OE 5W40.
Looking to change to a Motul product and plan on reducing OCI to a max of 5,000 miles.
I am interested in an oil that produces fewer carbon deposits in the intake ports.
Does anyone have working knowledge of whether Motul Specific 505 01 502 00 5w40 or Motul 8100 Excess 5w40 have a significant effect on reducing carbon deposits that develop in the intake ports?

Thanks!
stoicb7

I would say that the reduction in OCI would help with that, although with an oil like Motul 5k might be slightly premature, even with the turbo.

What OCI were you running?

Last edited:
how's the car running? I wasn't aware of any oil that was helping the FSI CB issue. Isn't the best option to do "Italian tune up" once in a while, and actively clean the valves yourself when you start to notice deterioration in engine performance?

That oil is not going to help. If you want an oil that potentially will reduce deposits you'll need to use a low or mid-saps oil, so one that's 504/507 rated. I'm using Mobil1 5W30ESP, which I started using after a manual cleaning.

Note that if you haven't done a manual cleaning yet on an '07, that horse has long ago left the stall and oil section won't help. It can likely slow the build-up process though, particularly on valves that are already clean.

M1 5W30ESP also has super low NOACK as well as being low saps, so it seems like a great option for this engine.

Hmm ..... Would a ACEA C3 with VW 502 505 helps ?

A C3 is mid SAPs at SA 0.8% and below ;P 700 to 900 ppm.

Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40 is 1.1
Motul specific 505.01 is .79

Though, I recall 505.01 oil is made to initially shear, then its viscosity builds back up with particulate matter.

Go to wally world

SHell Rotella T6 & Chevron Delo 400 LE have 1.0 SAPS.

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck is .95

I go 100,000 miles between carbon cleanings with oil from Wal-mart, listed above.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.
I am leaning towards the Motul Specific because it is 502.00 approved and has lower SAPs.

stoicb7

Originally Posted By: stoicb7
I am leaning towards the Motul Specific because it is 502.00 approved and has lower SAPs.

stoicb7

I would go with M! or Castrol 0W40, and that is because 1st gen TFSI are fuel dilution monsters, though CA has much better gas then rest of the country.
If you are still inclined for VW 505.01, take into consideration also Pentosin 5W40.
In 1st gen TFSI, I would not run 504.00/507.00.

stoicb7

Way to go , Specific 5W-40 is lower SAPs of SA 0.79% that meets ACEA C3 and VW 505 01 – 502 00 –

505 00 approvals.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edyvw

stoicb7

I would go with M! or Castrol 0W40, and that is because 1st gen TFSI are fuel dilution monsters, though CA has much better gas then rest of the country.

Really? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1396680

No offense, but you seem to be really fond of saying things that simply aren't true... 10ppm vs 30ppm isn't "much better" gas. It's 20ppm, which isn't much. And this engine is not prone to fuel dilution.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Originally Posted By: edyvw

stoicb7

Really? http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1396680

No offense, but you seem to be really fond of saying things that simply aren't true... 10ppm vs 30ppm isn't "much better" gas. It's 20ppm, which isn't much. And this engine is not prone to fuel dilution.

10ppm is much better gas then 30ppm. Hopefully rest of the country will go toward that in 2017. I kind of like having less sulfur in the gas, first because of my lungs, second because of oil dilution.
1st gen TFSI are not fuel dilution monsters? Since when 2% of gas or 1.8% is normal? 2nd gen (at least in my report) never exceeded 0.5%!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back