Purolator PSL-12222, 10.5k CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Survived, but really ugly for a syn filter with only 10k miles. Would have thought PSL would hold up better.

Please explain what you're seeing because I'm not seeing it.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
That isn't particularly impressive...

In fact it looks pretty well shagged and it is supposed to be a 10K filter.

And you also. Please.

I'm seeing exactly the problem that synthetic media, and the wire backing on the media is supposed to prevent: Wavy, uneven pleats.

Here's a 14k filter:

15k filter:

19k filter:

And only the last filter is synthetic media, or has wire backed media.

^This

No excuse for ugly pleating, whether conventional or syn media.

Originally Posted By: webfors
No excuse for ugly pleating, whether conventional or syn media.

Not true,if you run those Orange cans, jobbers, etc for 15,000 interval in a 3,750 OCI specified by the owners manual... yes, you could have an excuse.

However, there is little excuse for a syn media with "extended" change interval to looked worn out at the end of a normal interval, so I agree with you on that.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Zee that is by far the funniest meme you have posted here. They are all usually pretty funny but I spent a solid 5 minutes laughing at that one. Good job. Now back to our hostile Purolator discussion...lol

Nate you take yourself way to seriously. And as a founding member of the BITOGFRP (Bob is the oil guy Fram resistance party) I think I know serious matters. *where is that darn sarcasm button...?

If you don't want to take anyone seriously, you can start with anyone who whines about wavy pleats. Or posts Fram Ultra pictures in every thread....

Funny how you always take the time out to criticize a certain $3-4 filter that survives looking ugly after an OCI, but when Purolator's top of the line filter does the same, all of a sudden it is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back