5w30 Napa oil and Mann cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a bunch of Napa conventional 5w30 for really cheap a while back and got several Mann cartridges for very little in rockauto.
I'd like to try to extend oci to 5k. So I guess feedback on the capabilities of those to products would be appreciated.
The Mann cartridges look just like the mc ones I've used.
I know these aren't the favorites here and I hope my motor won't blow up without synthetic Mobil and a fu lol.

I think the only thing you need to do to extend your oci out to 5k is to change your oil and filter at 5k intervals.

Napa oil is fine oil. Use with confidence.

Of u have a Napa close by. Look for their semi annual filter sale to get the Napa gold filter for less than $4 (usually)

Originally Posted By: meborder
I think the only thing you need to do to extend your oci out to 5k is to change your oil and filter at 5k intervals.

Napa oil is fine oil. Use with confidence.

Of u have a Napa close by. Look for their semi annual filter sale to get the Napa gold filter for less than $4 (usually)
is there a certain time of year for all napas or is it a store by store thing? Thanks for the info

What kind of Mann cartridges? For what car?

Some Mann cartridges are reboxed Purolators; these will have part numbers starting with ML and be US-made. A real Mann cartridge will have a part number starting with HU and usually be made in Spain or Germany.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A real Mann cartridge will have a part number starting with HU and usually be made in Spain or Germany.

Or Mexico.

Us made I think purolator makes them the same as they make mc cause they look just alike and ha e the same plastic retainer center thing whete most cartridges Ive seen have nothing in the center.

Might depend on driving style (like maybe more freeway than city driving) and if it is DI'd or turbo'd....but I would think the Manns would be fine for 5k.....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Might depend on driving style (like maybe more freeway than city driving) and if it is DI'd or turbo'd....but I would think the Manns would be fine for 5k.....
easily will be mostly highway. Like 90% non di

They do the sale in spring and fall. I stopped in and asks to be on a mailing list so I can get a reminder.

They usually don't mind sending a reminder caus it will get you in to buy other stuff:)

Mine are usually $3.79 on the sale which is 50%. Hard pressed to find a better filter at that price point

Originally Posted By: meborder
They do the sale in spring and fall. I stopped in and asks to be on a mailing list so I can get a reminder.

They usually don't mind sending a reminder caus it will get you in to buy other stuff:)

Mine are usually $3.79 on the sale which is 50%. Hard pressed to find a better filter at that price point

Good info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back