Anyone here vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was a facetious one, since the Chinese are best known for ripping off other people's ideas instead of creating their own.

With regards to the rest; to each their own. I've never expected everyone to like the same things I like, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
The point was a facetious one, since the Chinese are best known for ripping off other people's ideas instead of creating their own.

And yet the Chinese invented much and brouight great advances in mechanical engineering, mathematics and astronomy, metallurgy, medicine, and in the art of warfare. They also invented gun powder a few hundred years before anybody else copied their recipe.

I would never trust the vapor industry to regulate the content, cleanliness, or safety of the products it sells.

Made in China means made without regard for quality, strictly for profits....

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I would never trust the vapor industry to regulate the content, cleanliness, or safety of the products it sells.

Made in China means made without regard for quality, strictly for profits....

Yeah, pure/safe chemicals from the same folks who brought you drywall with carbon disulfide, carbonyl sulfide, and hydrogen sulfide, toothpaste with diethylene glycol, and dog food that causes kidney failure...

Thanks - I'll stick with cigars now and then...

The Chinese don't make the fluids. They just invented the tech.

I only buy from companies that have had their products independently tested for content. Consumers regularly do that in the same way we do UOA's. Not rocket science.

No need to do that with cigars, because they're already guaranteed to be loaded with poison.
wink.gif

Nice China thread.

It has been my experience that, in present-day Hong Kong and a lot of other China areas, it appears that copying is sort of an honored form of things. It is simply "what they do."

When I was growing up, we used to buy "HKs" off the Internet. What that meant was back-ups.. Hong Kongs. We looked for Taiyo Yuden blue discs.. for Playstation games.

We could also get Bung N64 developmental systems, which could play the code from games, without having the games. These were cost-prohibitive, and I never actually have seen one.. I could check EBay I suppose but the point. Is that they made a copied N64 system.

They copied a printing press from Eastman Kodak (printing press?) and called it "Westman."

They copy Chevy trucks.......

They may have been all noble and brought us Kung Fu, as well as invented Pizza and Pasta - look it up.

They also may be, or are close to, the oldest civilization in the world. We forget this.

But now they are a bunch of copiers and they are in it for their own gain.

My question was going to be what everyone's favorite brand of Vape is. I see Logic cigarettes where i work.. We also sell I think it is Vuse, had a customer show me how the battery was dead once. There are more, I think I saw nJoy. This all from quick recollection.

I have no interest in smoking but we have Mark Ten electronic refills up on our shelf, too. Menthol and non-Menthol.

The Chinese don't make the fluids. They just invented the tech.

I only buy from companies that have had their products independently tested for content. Consumers regularly do that in the same way we do UOA's. Not rocket science.

No need to do that with cigars, because they're already guaranteed to be loaded with poison.
wink.gif

Yep...they sure are...but I smoke 'em infrequently...and I know full well exactly what they are...

Look - I am not anti-vice...or anti-vape...

But if you're vaping all day, every day...that's no different than cigarette smoking...it's like drinking bourbon all day, every day...that's a problem...

Now, a glass of bourbon once in a while...a cigar...a steak...a vape, whatever, as long as it's infrequent, then I'm on board.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
But if you're vaping all day, every day...that's no different than cigarette smoking.

The problem with this topic is the stigma associated with cigarettes and marijuana. There are alot of people with very opinionated closed minds on those topics, so no amount of factual or anecdotal information will affect them. They will simply proceed to making grossly exaggerated and/or accusatory assumptions, attempting to slant the discussion more towards their fallacious viewpoint.

Originally Posted By: Uber_Archetype
But if you're vaping all day, every day...that's no different than cigarette smoking.

The problem with this topic is the stigma associated with cigarettes and marijuana. There are alot of people with very opinionated closed minds on those topics, so no amount of factual or anecdotal information will affect them. They will simply proceed to making grossly exaggerated and/or accusatory assumptions, attempting to slant the discussion more towards their fallacious viewpoint.

All day, every day chemical intake is a problem, not a fallacy...and no, anecdotal evidence doesn't sway me...by its very nature it's...anecdotal!

I have not one problem with your recreational chemical use...I've listed the ones that I prefer...I don't care if you use alcohol, THC, nicotine, or formaldahyde......you've got a problem if you can't get through your day without it...

The only closed mind here is the one that can't accept that all day, daily chemical intake is a problem...and while you're indulging in accusatory posting, you might take note of your own hypocrisy, you complain about accusatory opinions while you're accusing me of something I didn't say...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BRZED

And yet the Chinese invented much and brouight great advances in mechanical engineering, mathematics and astronomy, metallurgy, medicine, and in the art of warfare. They also invented gun powder a few hundred years before anybody else copied their recipe.

+1! Even in the early days of The Han (spelling?) their tech. was a lot better than what much of the world uses today.

All day, every day chemical intake is a problem, not a fallacy...and no, anecdotal evidence doesn't sway me...by its very nature it's...anecdotal!

I have not one problem with your recreational chemical use...I've listed the ones that I prefer...I don't care if you use alcohol, THC, nicotine, or formaldahyde......you've got a problem if you can't get through your day without it...

The only closed mind here is the one that can't accept that all day, daily chemical intake is a problem...and while you're indulging in accusatory posting, you might take note of your own hypocrisy, you complain about accusatory opinions while you're accusing me of something I didn't say...

I have yet to see any facts to go along with your increasingly aggressive opinions.

I have yet to see any facts to go along with your increasingly aggressive opinions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

If you gotta' do it all the time, your addicted, addicted to the chemical, to the behaviour, or both. It matters not if it's alcohol, THC, nicotine, or it comes in a glass, rolled paper, hypodermic or vaporized in a device.

Addiction isn't good for you.

Would also like me to present facts on how the Sun will rise in the East? Or can we accept some things as commonly understood?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Vaping is nothing more than a stupid habit, and using it to quit smoking is trading one stupid habit for another. If you want to quit smoking, quit it altogether. Don't simply use an adult pacifier.

01.gif

While its about quitting Tobacco, Its not about quitting things you enjoy.

I like a good chemical free vape with a shot of good bourbon.

Don't tell me whats stupid, I wont tell you either.

Vaping is a good alternative to big tobacco.

If you have not really looked in to what it really is about maybe you should before you get all cranky about it.

I dont judge people who smoke. I'm just glad I no longer do.

Inhaling chemicals of any kind, whether it is from combustion or vapor, is extremely unhealthy. I'm sure you already know this though.

Therefore I do not vape.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Honest question, but isn't the carrier fluid Propylene Glycol? How can that be termed "chemical free"?

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Honest question, but isn't the carrier fluid Propylene Glycol? How can that be termed "chemical free"?

I use 100% Vegetable Glycol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back