World Economic Collapse is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Al,

At 69 years old, you can not take any chances with your nest egg. If you took a big hit, we might see you collecting shopping carts at a Walmart Super Center parking lot. Just kidding
smile.gif

But seriously, the older a person gets, the less time they have to recover any losses without touching their principal investments.

Exactly. Turns last year I went with a Wells Fargo "Wealth Manager". I only put maybe 35% of my money with him and then went in on the most conservative class. I had the feeling it was a stupid move, but my best friend had been with the guy for 15 years.

As the year progressed both of us really looked at the funds he was in and by the end of the year the market was up 9.5% and my stuff was up (after commissions) .5%

The moral of the story is that I regained my senses and pulled out along with my friend.. Honestly Wealth Creators are the biggest rip off on the planet. They charge at least 1.5% commission and their funds are at least .5%.

Better to with a mutual fund like Vanguard VTENX and get the same kind of diversification. Actually much better as this fund consists of thousands of companies Vanguard is happy to tell you the mix and you can by the 5 Major ETS that make up this VTINX. Your cost about .1% or less. Its a no brainer.

And when you can tell me that the local guy can pick diversified companies better than the Senior partners at Vanguard..Isay..have at it.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: bigt61
The big boys get the little guys to panic sell, then they swoop in and buy. Happens all the time. All because China devalued the Yuan by 2%? Please. Relax, think long term. Gold & silver coins are a rip off BTW.

I'm not a big boy, but I bought some more equities this morning right at the market's open.

Nice - you're quickly making money. I added to a position I already had in a solid REIT.

I wish I had seen Apple at $92 this morning. Dang. I put another $1,000 into VTI, but I would have made a killing today by dumping money into Apple right at the market's open.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
You can't eat gold!

Morons.

But you can eat stocks or dollar bills? Metal is no different than any other investment. If you do it right you make money. If you do it wrong you don't.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Hilarious? hahahaha

It happens every 7 years! You people that are too stupid to see it are more than blind, you are a willing slave to the system and subservient to the beast it is.

Of course get food stuffs and supplies (I DID say food in my OP), seriously guys, prepare for the worst, if it's not near as bad as some predict, then GREAT.

So, are you financially independent or still going to work everyday for the "man/system"?

Because if you don't want to slave away, the best way is to save and invest, until one can retire early. Oh wait, that means investing into the "system". I'm sure you'd much rather rant and rave about how its all rigged and the common man can never get ahead. I have a feeling you place blame for any bad things in your life on outside entities.
If its so bad, why do you still live here?

Wait, you didn't go to work today did you? You're too busy prepping, right?

[Geez, why am I attempting a rational discussion with Mr Peanut]

Originally Posted By: surfstar
You can't eat gold!

Morons.

The ones who buy into this doomsday b/s, want it to happen, so that their prepping wasn't that of a crazed lunatic, but instead, validation of someone smarter than everyone else.

Good luck with that.

Our 3+ week vacation next month is getting cheaper each day
laugh.gif

USD vs NZD has been great lately

Yeah-that big Earthquake will never happen in California and level that local supermarket of yours and kill the electricity so there goes your water. Everyone should have some stores-even if it's just a few weeks or month.

That's being smart. The morons are the ones who don't ever think there will be a reason to have food stores. Even long-term unemployment would fall in to a disaster situation. At least for most of us.

This makes alot more sense than having 200 quarts of oil on your garage shelf!

Last edited:
We all have moments in our lives that we wish we could take back OP. This might be yours.

britney-crazy.jpg

If you don't pick your stocks, some professional investors will pick stocks that pay the best incentive/commission back to them. Your earnings are irrelevant.

CKN, I agree that some stores are prudent. Planning on the end of the world, isn't. (I still wonder how the OP is doing) Gold won't help in either case. Guns and ammo will go much further!
We have no rations, per say. Maybe if/when I have dependents I would be more motivated. Guess we can eat cat food if it gets that bad
wink.gif

But we have camping and backpacking gear which includes a stove, and some dehydrated food, plus a water filter and other things. So I am proxy prepared just b/c we go camping quite often. No bunker full of food and ammo, though.

I bet Warren Buffett is buying today, (or very soon), while the little mice are scurrying into their little holes and covering their little heads!

Beware of 'bargains'. Time of Churning. Folks will get sucked in both long and short and emotional trades are always losing ones regardless of your bias.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Beware of 'bargains'. Time of Churning. Folks will get sucked in both long and short and emotional trades are always losing ones regardless of your bias.

+1
I am riding it. No panic moves. When the market rebounds so will my investments.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
I bet Warren Buffett is buying today, (or very soon), while the little mice are scurrying into their little holes and covering their little heads!
Buffet probably helped start the whole thing. Dump a load of stocks to take profit. Market panics. Then he can buy the same stocks at a discount.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
We can see that the Plunge Protection Team is in action today.
Clearly bolstering the market.

Then you should be happy that your investments aren't worth nothing, right?

Or do you only invest in gold?

Or Iraqi denars? I believe that was a hot "investment", right?

Maybe bitcoins would be more up your alley. They're pretty anti-gov't

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Soros is buying coal. Ingenious, really. He's got to be banking that the environmental regs will be walked back later...
Probably some coal to alternative fuel legislative mandates being written by the lobbying firms.

This is end game for the financial system as we 'know' it. Likely things will be much different after this one. It's 1 second to midnight.

I feel sorry those of you who outright deny what's happening all around them.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
This is end game for the financial system as we 'know' it. Likely things will be much different after this one. It's 1 second to midnight.

I feel sorry those of you who outright deny what's happening all around them.

Ok Bud thanks for the warning. Any more sage advice?

george-in-a-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
Originally Posted By: Y_K

+1
I am riding it. No panic moves. When the market rebounds so will my investments.

Same here. I might be down on paper but I didn't sell anything so I didn't lose anything tangible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back