thoughts on the MV Agusta F3 675?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on this bike? They are definitely beautiful and unmistakably Italian, does anyone here own one? I've been saving for an 899 Panigale, but i've been looking around and there are some great deals on the MV bikes.

I sat on a few F3's and it seems to fit my stature much better than the 899 does. It is also a few grand cheaper, which is always a plus. The MV Agusta F3 is slowly stealing my heart..

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Have you tried the Triumph?

I have sat on it. It feels pretty good, but out of those three (triumph, 899, F3) and all the Japanese 600's the MV F3 and the R6 feel the most natural so far.

This will be a second bike as i have an FZ6R for touring comfort, but i still want to be reasonably comfortable on whatever super-sport i decide to purchase in the future. Im leaning towards Italians predominately.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
What are your thoughts on this bike?

As a race bike the 3 cylinder configuration conjures up expectations of a
low weight high power engine but due to it's higher reciprocating
parts weight than a 600 4 cylinder machine it has as yet to lived up the
promise...

As a street bike the 3 cylinder sounds like a MotoGp droner due to its 120º phase crank
phasing which means what you feel on the seats of your pants is a totally user friendly
power delivery with stacks of low and mid range power perfect for grunting out of corners
like a V2 or V4...

Quote Comparison of Four Stroke MotoGP Engines (SAE 2004-01-3559),
both by G. Cantore and E. Mattarelli.

"After careful analysis of all factors, the engineers determined the
three-cylinder configuration to be the least advantageous for a number
of reasons. First, the lesser number of cylinders will mean larger and
heavier moving components (rods, pistons, valves), which limits the
maximum rpm range which the motor can reliably reach. This in turn
makes it difficult for the motor to produce an equal amount of
horsepower to the other configurations."

You cant go wrong with the MV or Ducati, as long as your willing to do the work yourself they are just as affordable to maintain as any Japanese plus you get that "character" as I describe it. Its nice with the 899 you don't have timing belts to change like on my 996. I prefer the earlier Ducs but the newer ones have great power and have more comfort than the older Super bikes. I would just drive both and see which one you like. If you are looking for something unique, quarky, and different (in a good way) you are looking in the right direction. You would not be disappointed

Isn't the MV Agusta F3 675 the reference 600cc bike that all others are judge ? If true what are you waiting for....

R6 is like cotton tail rabbits, they are everywhere. MV and Ducati are exotic beauties, IMHO they demand respect.

Ride both and pick one with your heart....
cool.gif

For ease of service, reliability, parts price and availability and outright performance the Triumph 675R is a great bike.

Several people in our group ride 675R's and having ridden one of them myself several times I'm really impressed.

One has over 50K miles with only routine maintenance. He uses Maxima oil for the engine and chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back