so inspiring

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
This should be posted in the how to section - how to make a video and say absolutely nothing.

Maybe just ser it as a reminder. Its been well established knowledge that wix is a superb product.
Wix already provides the spec for all to see.
They actually just use the 2/20 6/20 for all now. So many of there filters are filtering at greater than stated. No body will complain about that.
They have strength and durability and great flow abilities as well as stellar filtration
You won't find plastic or cardboard in a wix/ Napa gold.

Last edited:
^^^ Some of that was non-sense, like comparing the base plate holes. Both designs will flow just fine. Center tubes probably both flow well also.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: steveh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDpzyu0aWE

That video was nonsense. The guy was an idiot with no actual understanding at all.

Agreed. Some of it was worth watching, but a lot of it was pure [censored].

"I counted the number of pleats on both, and again more pleats means more surface area which means better flow and more filtering area. The Fram filter has 35 pleats while the Wix filter has 61 and that's [censored] near twice the amount of media, if you ask me"

... so what?
- How thick are the pleats?
- How wide are the pleats?
- What is the overall surface area?

... and since we're talking # of pleats - what if I double the pleat count again and kept the thickness and surface area per-pleat the same? At what point do I have so many pleats that additional filter material becomes a restriction?

- Does 61 pleats really filter any better than 35? If so, how much, and is it a significant figure?

I call shenanigans.

.. Also, that guy sounds incredibly condescending throughout the video.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Quality starts right here
right here
right here
right here
right here
right here
["right here" in Polish]
right here
right here
quality starts right here

The Polish person said,"One Filter, One OCI!"
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hey man... Here's what I think what's going and been going on here... Two guys who are GOOD GUYS, very passionate, and opinionated got into a very heated exchange. Just like a good motor with a stuck thermostat.

I sincerely believe that both of you guys are really cool, good guys. So... Be able to disagree but not personal. I know its hard to do at times. I stand on level ground with ya on that. Not preaching to y'all
smile.gif

You both are very smart and add A LOT to any discussion on here. I appreciate that a lot
smile.gif

smile.gif
why thank ya sir. Your a good fella too.

I suddenly just want to cry.
grin.gif

Maybe I need a spanking. Ima see if my wife will spank me real good. I like it when she does that. Now you guys stop trolling my post.

Wix sure does a fine job with the manufacturing process as shown in the flick. I bet you are super impressed huh?
Great American company with superb quality control!

Seriously, WIX does make some great filters. I have been looking at their GOLD oil filter for possible future use. I am currently using a WIX fuel filter on my truck.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
A better video that actually gives useful information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLhfAFhkvs

Thats all good info to know. Woulda been helpful to me when I was researching all the terminology and all, just to know what the heck ya'll were talking about. But it doesn't help with phrases like up to such and such figure or the, now famous, at greater than such and such.

But it doesn't help with phrases like up to such and such figure or the, now famous, at greater than such and such.

That's all covered in the advanced training video, where the key to understanding 'mathematical spookiness' is relieved.
wink.gif

This helps show why efficiency of "particles >20 microns" and "at 20 microns or greater" are pretty much the same thing.
Right Here [Link]

That doesn't cover how to debunk the trick spooky terminology some companies use to try and plant false beliefs into the heads of the gullible.

Last edited:
LoL ... yeah, Ok. These companies wouldn't make false claims today due to threats of lawsuits from competitors (or non-believing BITOG dudes). Maybe you could get rich if you hired a good lawyer and sued them over false advertising. Could be some "Easy Money" ... then you could go by "Big Daddy Easy Money".
wink.gif

No thats not my style. Besides they cover themselves with language left open to multiple possibilities.
How'd you like the flick I added a few posts above? I thought it was very informative.

The video SirTanon posted was best ... everyone should watch it 2 or 3 times to fully understand spooky oil filter stuff.

What they say means only one thing ... it's people who don't understand it that think it means all kinds of spooky stuff.
grin.gif

Back