Songs that were crimes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to take from the thread re "Rose Garden", as it's around the passing of a memorable performer.

There was a bunch of songs that my siblings and I called "Porridge Music", as it was the music that Dad would play on Saturday morning while he cooked porridge.

First up...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Not to take from the thread re "Rose Garden", as it's around the passing of a memorable performer.

There was a bunch of songs that my siblings and I called "Porridge Music", as it was the music that Dad would play on Saturday morning while he cooked porridge.

First up...

I LOVE this band!! I have mono copies of both their albums,plus a mono copy of their "Steve and Stevie" album that came out in 1968. I've been trying to find their "Steve and the Board" 45s,but they're really rare. Australia had some amazing music in the mid-late 60s:

Helen Reddy, an honest to gosh hottie!
thumbsup2.gif

This sounds like stuff my Dad would listen to. I can't tell you how happy I was when his old turntable broke and he could no longer listen to his records. One of the happiest days of my childhood.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
I find myself unable to listen to any of these all the way through. I offer this:

Stelth, we had to sing that in the back of the car on road trips.

That was going to be my next one.

That's the (uncommon) original...the more-common version is the cover by Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods.

Paper Lace also did The Night Chicago Died.

Technically, a theme song:

But it can get stuck in your head. I have a running joke with a coworker where I'll whistle a few bars from this song to get it started in his head. Then he will thank me curtly. I haven't done that for a while, I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back