Dirt Bike Surfing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's insane !! I like it
thumbsup2.gif
banana2.gif

Cool that he's on a smoker! As long as you keep it on the pipe you will go far. Get of the gas and it's sinkeroo time.

The big dirt bikes can stay up on top of the water for a short while, if going very fast.

Many years ago, **** Burleson was practicing for the "alligator enduro" in Daytona Beach, FL. I was tagging along and following him. He rode across a small swamp at about 80MPH. I tried to follow on my Yamaha 490 and just about got knocked off my bike. The water hit my boots so hard that my feet flew back. I lost control and sunk right in.

He skated over the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYB7DYWI4G8

Last edited:
That is just 100% pure distilled awesome!

I wonder if he's got extra tall gears so he can spin up the rear paddle tire when he gets on the water.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
What's more impressive?

I'm going with riding a dirtbike on the Ocean.

I absolutely despise the sound of a motor when I am out surfing.

If this guy came buzzing around my lineup, all the body armour he wears would not help him. His only saving grace would be that no surfer would want a sunk motorcycle on the reef/sand spewing toxins.

The motorcycle did not ride the wave, it outran it, and barely.

Not impressed, and more than a little disgusted.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

If this guy came buzzing around my lineup, all the body armour he wears would not help him. His only saving grace would be that no surfer would want a sunk motorcycle on the reef/sand spewing toxins.

Lighten up, Francis.

The French Polynesians on the surfboards and in the canoes were smiling when he dirt-biked by them. They didn't seem to mind being amazed by something they'd never seen before. It's time you did some research on how much crude oil leaks into the ocean through rifts in the ocean floor, instead of being disgusted by the possibility that a gallon of gasoline and two quarts of oil may be subject to leaking from a sunk motorcycle.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Originally Posted By: surfstar
What's more impressive?

I'm going with riding a dirtbike on the Ocean.

+1

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

Lighten up, Francis.

The French Polynesians on the surfboards and in the canoes were smiling when he dirt-biked by them. They didn't seem to mind being amazed by something they'd never seen before. It's time you did some research on how much crude oil leaks into the ocean through rifts in the ocean floor, instead of being disgusted by the possibility that a gallon of gasoline and two quarts of oil may be subject to leaking from a sunk motorcycle.

Oh nose! Somebody got offended. It's a stunt video meant to draw reaction (ad revenue). I don't think you'll find too many other dirt bikes doing the same on any Sunday.

Most bikes hold two gallons of fuel (sometimes 3) and one quart of oil (and in his case just to lube the transmission).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back