Can't smell a thing

Oy. I thought I had maybe gotten a sinus infection from getting some bacteria up my nose while surfing but the symptoms are missing. My taste buds work all right. Yesterday, my wife repeatedly pointed out the smell of skunk while we were going places and I never smelt anything. I also did a sniff test with various substances at home. I barely smelt anything. I feel fresh as a daisy, though. 🤔

Get a covid test. I lost smell/taste myself last Jan. for a few days. Got over covid yet again a few weeks ago but didnt have the same loss of smell/taste.

That happened to me about 3 years ago when I got you know the thing. Lasted almost a year.
It would be almost comical if I got the unmentionable after all those years in a high-risk environment. No idea why my taste buds work. Usually, when your sense of smell goes so does your sense of taste.

Get a covid test. I lost smell/taste myself last Jan. for a few days. Got over covid yet again a few weeks ago but didnt have the same loss of smell/taste.
At this point with them doing away quarantine/isolation, not really a point. Basically like a cold or flu at this point, especially with the newer variations that are more contagious but lessening symptoms.

It would be almost comical if I got the unmentionable after all those years in a high-risk environment. No idea why my taste buds work. Usually, when your sense of smell goes so does your sense of taste.
I went until Nov. 2023 without getting it and working in education. My students finally gave it to me as it was running like wildfire amongst the school. I think at one point, we had like 1/2-2/3 of the school being positive at a given time in Oct./Nov.

At this point with them doing away quarantine/isolation, not really a point. Basically like a cold or flu at this point, especially with the newer variations that are more contagious but lessening symptoms.
Well, not worried about myself but I wouldn't want to give to an immuno-compromised person. I also want to know. While I don't think I got it, I can't know for sure.

Well, not worried about myself but I wouldn't want to give to an immuno-compromised person. I also want to know. While I don't think I got it, I can't know for sure.
If you are positive, are you going to quarantine/isolate and not go out in public at all?

Had a roommate come back from an army deployment to Haiti in the nineties with hardly any sense of smell at all. He wasn't sure if it was due to some tropical disease or just his brain turning off his nose after a while. He said it stank like an open grave in a lot of places. It took a couple of years for him to get some of it back.

I'm an idiot. Just talked to the medical staff at work. I was reminded of the prophylactic amoxicillin shot I got last week after a swine decided to nibble on my calf. Apparently, and although I generally have a decent grasp of meds and their side effects, I did not remember that amoxicillin may cause smell dysfunction. I had all but forgotten about the bitey porker. Should clear up soon. BTW, I'll be roasting a pork loin tonight. No connection to the incident but merely free association.

Back