Kawasaki FH641V issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got this motor on a Husqvarna riding mower.

After the mower has sit for a few days, it is hard to start and actually pushed gas/oil out muffler, smokes, and hard to start.

After running for 15-20 minutes, the motor dies like it is running out of fuel. I can keep it running for a couple of minutes by playing with the choke. It generally starts back fairly easy, but dies within 2-5 minutes.

I've changed the fuel filter

What else can I look at?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Clean the carburetor or go to ebay and buy a new one.

What's your opinion on the fuel pump? Someone had mentioned that could be an issue also?

Click on the link and download the service manual. Page 2-21 tells you how to check the fuel shut-off solenoid and page 2-24 tells you how to check the fuel pump. If those two components test good, start cleaning the carburetor.

LINK

Ok guys...looking for more help.

I have rebuilt the carb completely, new fuel pump and filter, and new plugs.

The gas coming out of muffler is solved and actually runs awesome...FOR ABOUT 15 minutes.

Then it starts acting like it's running out of gas. I can jocky the choke to keep it running for a minute, then it dies. It will start right back up WITH NO problem immediately by pulling choke...but only runs a couple more minutes.

This definitely happens more when under a load.

Thanks

Have this same engine also in a husqvarna riding mower -- check the spark plugs and be sure they're tight, or just get new ones.

Mine started experiencing problems and I found that both spark plugs were loose to the point I was able to remove them without a ratchet.

Changing the air filter made a huge difference for me as well.

I've had the same "gas coming out of the muffler" problem prior to changing the plugs/air filter, but only after the mower had been running for some time and I filled it with gas - it would be difficult to start afterwards.

No problems since plug/air filter change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back