Fram TG3506 cut open 5500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It looks like to me that when they are making the filter they need to spread the pleats out more uniform before gluing. I'm not sure more pleats are needed. It just needs better spacing between the pleats.

Perhaps true...maybe. However that being the case, I think the same could be said for 'some' of the Puro anecdotes with a wider than 'other area' seam pleat spacing. In fact I believe I have said that before but basically avoid it as being repetitive. Either way as seen in anecdotes here, the fold back of pleats with wider pleat spacing is a weak point that at some point can lead to bypass.

As noted by a previous poster, had this gone to max rec. 10k miles, moisture/condensation or not, results may not have been as good.

But again, I found pics 3&4 to be very informative for me.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Just imagine if that were a Puro filter how the Fram fanboys would see things which aren't there.

No need to see things which aren't there on a Puro filter. The gaping hole would have been enough.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Just imagine if that were a Puro filter how the Fram fanboys would see things which aren't there.

No need to see things which aren't there on a Puro filter. The gaping hole would have been enough.

Those torn media holes are hard to miss.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Wire backed media is calling your name.

+1

Ugly pleat spacing. No excuse for that. We see beautiful pleating on cartridge filters all the time.

It was on the car all last winter. It is short tripped a lot, but she does drive it 20 miles to school 3 times per week. It does see a lot of idle time. It got a new PCV right after she bought it. The thermostat at least appears to be fine, The car does not overheat and it has great heat and warms up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back