XG73172i_-_1.jpg

XG73172i_-_0.jpg

XG73172i_-_2.jpg

XG73172i_-_3.jpg

XG73172i_-_4.jpg

XG73172i_-_5.jpg

XG73172i_-_6.jpg

XG73172i_-_7.jpg

I had a little trouble getting this one apart due to the can damage from removal (I did not do it).

It has 19,275 miles on 2 OCI. It was installed in May of 2014. running on the Civic with M1 5/20EP.

The oil is in the mail for a UOA

Not bad!

Did you replace it with more M1EP and another XG7317?

Would you use a cheap jobber filter for 20k? (Honda says this is OK)

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Not bad!

I thought it did pretty well, this is officially over Frams 15K statement but within Honda's recommendation (2 - 10K OCI)

Did you replace it with more M1EP and another XG7317?

I did - Or actually my friends at the dealer did due to circumstances.

Would you use a cheap jobber filter for 20k? (Honda says this is OK)

I had intended to run this for as close to a flat 20K as possible, but a trip that would put it WELL over 20K required a slightly early change.

Nice. I understand you needed to change it because of your trip, but it looks like it could have gone longer.
01.gif

Thanks for posting this.

Nice, haven't seen many Ultras on here actually utilized to their ability.

Then again the UOA section is swimming in 5-6k Mobil 1 UOA's so certainly understandable.

How does one know if its clogged? Bypass events are hidden.
Shouldn't take it past the recommended limit of 15k miles just in case.

Looks excellent. And someone who got a ROI from buying and using an Ultra. ~19k miles in ~1 year would lead to the conclusion a good amount of highway miles, easier on fiters and engines. No problem here going past the 15k mile recommendation, especially so over two ocis.

As for UOA, Blackstone has said in the past and is posted/archived here that they see no significant difference in any filter used in standard UOA results, especially as related to insolubles. Even the UOA from Puro tear anecdotes haven't shown anything remarkable other than not being remarkable.

So I expect the UOA results to be more related to oil used and oci, not fci. I'd expect the results to be within normal limits.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
How does one know if its clogged? Bypass events are hidden.
Shouldn't take it past the recommended limit of 15k miles just in case.

Agree with the above statement. I'm willing to bet the filter will look just as good after 40k due to its construction.

Typical of all the Ultras I have cut open they all look great with millage all over the place. Built like a tank it's the only filter I use now they just hold up great. I feel the Fram Ultra is the new benchmark in oil filters.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
... ~19k miles in ~1 year would lead to the conclusion a good amount of highway miles, easier on filters and engines. ...

It did do a trip from ATL to Denver and back as well as a shorter trip to Virginia, but overall it does more rural/errand type travel than pure highway. It does usually make long enough trips to get warm.

I am going to use the exact same filter in my next run. I have almost 10,000 miles on my current one. They are built like tanks has others have stated. A really good deal for the money.

The fastest way to look up your Fram Ultra number is to ask "which filter should I use" on this site and within half a second you will have the Wix numbers to cross to your new Fram Ultra.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Eventually, people are going to have to accept that this filter is in fact not only good for the rated 15,000 miles, but even more in a good engine.

Filter manufactures recommendation is for various engine conditions(not heavy sludge), therefore it can be used for somewhat more mileage in a good/clean engine, especially for mostly highway driven cars.

Looks excellent.
Without a doubt one of the best filters money can buy.
Ill order a couple ones for my Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back