Pro-Select 21042 cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are pictures are from a Pro-Select 21042 that were on my daughters Cavalier with a 2.4 when she bought it. According to the receipts that came with the car it should have 4000 miles on it, except the shop on the receipt does not use Napa filters. I know the shop and would never take a car there again. This receipt had a lot of other items on it also. The receipt for the oil change before, is from the shop I use if I am not doing the work myself. They do use Napa Pro-Select filters. If they were the last shop to do an oil change, this filter has over 9500 miles on it. None of the pleats were torn. The gap in the seam does not go all the way through. It actually looks like it held up pretty well if I am correct about the miles. After this filter it had an AC Delco PF46E that looks ok, but not great after 5k miles. I have it, but neglected to take pictures. It has a Fram Tough Guard on it now that is being replaced with a Mobil 1 filter when I do an oil change next week.

2015-07-25%2019.20.17.jpg

2015-07-25%2019.20.05.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
If this were a tearolator it would have failed for sure at 9500 miles
And your PROOF of that remark is ...... Chirp chirp.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Ugh-ly. Thank for letting me know what to stay away from
smile.gif

I actually thought it held up well considering the mileage on bulk conventional oil. It also was on the car for a really cold winter. Amazingly I did not see any sludge in the filter that replaced this one.

I have Microgard filters that may be similar to this one on both cars. What would the filtering efficiency be on this model? Don't filters that hold smaller particles use tightly packed media?

And this thread would've had 100+ replies saying so too.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
And your PROOF of that remark is ...... Chirp chirp.

Because if the pleats were that spread out on a Purolator, the brittle media would have torn for sure. They tear with much less pleat spread than this filter has.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
It looks good to me for the job it had to do.

So if that same exact looking filter had the name Fram on the can, what would you say?
grin.gif

I think it help ub very well for a $3.00 filter wix makes quality filters. I don't like they way it looked but it did its job. It even has metal end caps!

I dont mind the Pro Select spin-on's one bit for a short OCI, but i prefer the Silvers. This one seemed to handle the task well though.

How was the ADBV with this use?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I dont mind the Pro Select spin-on's one bit for a short OCI, but i prefer the Silvers. This one seemed to handle the task well though.

How was the ADBV with this use?

It was not silicone pliable, but it was still very flexible and still doing its job. It is more flexible than any other nitrile valve I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back