Reliability of Mazdas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have owned 4 Hondas, 2000 Oddyssey V6, 2001 Accord V6, 2002 Accord V6, 2008 Pilot V6. All have had multiple transmissions. Honda did cover all on warranty except the 3rd transmission on the 2001 Accord, but we are done with Hondas. Have a Mazda MX5 and a Mazda 3. So far no problems with either. Still have a '13 Accord and a '12 Civic and both are 4 cyls. Hoping for better luck with the transmissions.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Go to tradeinqualityindex.com and see what they say on this topic.

Interesting. The site indicates anything made with Ford was not that great. Anything that was all mazda and made in japan has very good quality/reliability.

Mazda makes great vehicles, they also make fine desirable vehicles from a styling stdpt. unlike dumb styling from Toyota or Nissan.

First choice would be Honda, followed by Mazda, Toyota and then junk Nissan

Quote:
First choice would be Honda, followed by Mazda, Toyota and then junk Nissan

grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Mazda's won't hold up to our weather, rust buckets.

I found this true in Northern New England and very true in Quebec and New Brunswick. No idea on new models but Mazda does not like salt much.

Originally Posted By: horse123
I have another thing to add. One of my friends got a Mazda speed 6 around the time they stopped making them (2008?). A [censored] seatbelt was installed backwards to the car. When you sat in the back seat, you always had an annoying twist over your chest because you had to flip the buckle over. Shows you how excellent their QC is.

This can happen through normal use, back in the '90's/'00's owners manuals actually had directions to get the male part of the buckle flipped back over. Basically you start a fold in the belt and push the buckle over the fold and keep pushing and folding until the buckle reaches the other end. I have seen this in many cars including Toyota, Honda, Jeep and my own FIAT had the 'problem'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back