Car AC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car's ac blows good at night when it's 75 degrees, but doesn't blow cold air in the daytime when it's 95 degrees. I added the correct amount of refrigerant, but it reads low. 37 psi at 90-95 degrees outside. Someone told me I may have introduced moisture in my system when I emptied it out prior to filling it up causing it to block somewhere. It worked ok the first few days but not anymore unless it's night time. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you empty it out? If it's low, you just add refrigerant. It's under pressure so chances are it's not contaminated with air which has moisture. Once there's no pressure, then air can get in and start rusting things away. Your best bet would have been to take it to an ac shop. You probably have some leaks in the O rings and they could have replaced those and did a proper vacuum of the system before refilling it.

Emptied it out? If the system was open to the atmosphere, you have moisture and air in there. If that's the case I'd replace the receiver/drier ( or accumulator as they are sometimes referred to)add some correct oil. Down down a good vacuum and refill. An a/c shop might be a good option for you.

Last edited:
How do you know it's fully charged? Hopefully not by the low side guage on some cans that means absolutely nothing! The system needs to be properly recharged by removing the charge,vacuuming and recharging with a scale. That's why I have $15000 in ac machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back