Car intermittently overheating. Pease help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't overheating because there is a thermostat. That car came with a thermostat from the factory and that model has likely racked up millions of miles in all weather conditions without overheating.

You have a problem, pulling the thermostat just temporarily HID the problem.

Try a cooling system flush and see if it helps. I would also recommend you get it checked for exhaust gasses in the coolant as a bad head gasket can cause overheating.

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Why no thermostat?
I took it out to flush the engine block and did not put it back in because it just makes it warm up faster and run hotter.

Once again Avery you have brilliantly solved a problem. Your understanding of the internal combustion engine is far beyond that of everyone reading this forum. You have figured out that most, if not all, cars manufactured in the past few decades are full of parts that are simply optional. The thermostat is one of them. Many car companies load up their cars with many unnecessary and unneeded parts just to drive up profit. You should probably start removing other parts from your vehicles and make them run as they should, not the way some greedy corporation thinks they should.

Try installing a thermostat,
possibly the coolant is flowing too fast thru the system and not spending enough time in the radiator to shed it's accumulated heat.

(it's a tip I've heard from old time stock-car racers, better to leave a small restriction (washer/gutted thermostat) than to fully remove the thermostat from the system)

FAN. I got one intermittent, because the carbon powder from the contacts was trapped inside the motor and isolated the motor many times and the Fans didn't came in. took the fan motor out, cleaned it with wd40 and the fans comes when needed. Test if fan comes in when you command the AC on.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch
Originally Posted By: Avery4
Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy
Why no thermostat?
I took it out to flush the engine block and did not put it back in because it just makes it warm up faster and run hotter.

Once again Avery you have brilliantly solved a problem. Your understanding of the internal combustion engine is far beyond that of everyone reading this forum. You have figured out that most, if not all, cars manufactured in the past few decades are full of parts that are simply optional. The thermostat is one of them. Many car companies load up their cars with many unnecessary and unneeded parts just to drive up profit. You should probably start removing other parts from your vehicles and make them run as they should, not the way some greedy corporation thinks they should.
I do not understand what that means. Is that a compliment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back