New roof on my barn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Nice work there Mike! Been there. Done that. Sweated out multiple t-shirts until I just stopped wearing one. Builder (30yrs ago) used no drip edge nor flashing anywhere. Cheap $%^#!. I also had to repair several places with rotted wood. Sure glad that's over.......

Man I will roof no more, forever.

Complete! Looks pretty good if you ask me.
smile.gif

Got finished yesterday at about 4pm. Cost me 2200 dollars. For material, dump run, and I paid the guy that helped me 40 bucks an hour(He roofed for 5 years before the Navy and now working at Subase Bangor)He wanted to work for free. I said Heck no! The cheapest quote I received was 6500 dollars.
20150628_165825.jpg

20150628_165752.jpg

20150628_165802.jpg

20150628_165808.jpg

20150628_165742.jpg

Very nice indeed! Everytime I see a bird ${\?! on my roof I want to get the gun. You definitely get personal about it when you hand-laid-every-single-shingle....not to mention carry every one of them up the ladder!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Very nice indeed! Everytime I see a bird ${\?! on my roof I want to get the gun. You definitely get personal about it when you hand-laid-every-single-shingle....not to mention carry every one of them up the ladder!

LOL! No doubt. It did get personal! Crazy how it ends up like that, but it just does!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Looks great! $6500 for that? I would start roofing for that kind of money.

It gets expensive. My firewood shed was $15 a bundle and only that cheap because they were leftover shingles in a barn that smelled of cat pee.
crackmeup2.gif

That was a hot day. The building eventually de-funked itself.

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
What is the deal with the CTS in there?

Guy I know ran it low on oil and spun a bearing. LS6. It is my next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back