Just picked up a 2006 Honda Elite 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after I wrecked my GZ250 there was a local craiglist ad for an '06 Elite 80 with @ 1200 miles that was on the short list as a replacement if the insurance company totalled out my bike...the styling is quirky but I like it alot!

I was able to use some aftermarket parts for the repairs on my GZ250 (used OEM for the important and mechanical replacement parts) and kept the cost within the allocated budget

I pulled the variator cover today. First I inspected the rollers, and they looked new. There was not enough wear on them to warrant replacing them, which I have a new set waiting.

The main reason for this move was to inspect the drive belt. Belt is fine, looks new, no dry rot, no cracks, and mic's out to factory specs. I think i'm gonna wait a few thousand miles, and replace the belt & roller at 5,000 miles.

Congrats on the buy!

The most fun I've ever had on two wheels(I've had two motorcycles too - '04 Yamaha FZ6 & '06 Daytona 675) has been on my scooters. I had a '96 Yamaha Jog and currently an '11 Honda PCX125. It is just fun as [censored] zipping around, giving the scoot [censored], all while staying around the speed limit lol. They keep some miles off the main vehicles(realistically not much true savings to be had when you break down insurance, tires, battery, fluids and such that go into a scoot quicker than a car/truck). But they are so much [censored] fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back