Would she still be "beautiful" IF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Let me guess who will be watching this freaks reality show.
Seems to have alot of admirers here.

What makes an admirer? Anyone who doesn't spew hate/rage/angst/disgust?

I don't watch many reality shows and probably won't watch a single episode of this one. Not because of disgust or rage or any other emotion, but simply because I don't watch much reality TV and don't care for it as a genre.

But I'm not going to get bent out of shape over someone else doing something that has no bearing whatsoever on my life and what I'm doing.

I agree with this post. A lot of TV shows do not interest me at all, including the typical reality show. I typically watch a lot of shows on the History Channels, Fox News, pro football on various channels, the Weather Channel, some movies, occasionally the Sci Fi Channel, occasionally the Travel Channel, etc.

Anybody can do whatever they want to do. It really does not affect me in any way that Jenner had a sex change operation. In fact, long before Jenner had his sex change operation I saw a show on TV about a doctor who had a sex change operation. So hopefully people are not going to be thinking this is something new and novel. There have already been many people who have had sex change operations.

But with all of the stuff going on in the world I get sick and tired of the news media going on and on about certain subjects like this as if it is the most important news there is. Some news channels seem to focus on any news story that has to do with certain subjects like gay marriage, any transgender news, sex change operations, etc. As long as children are not being hurt and abused I really do not care at all what consenting adults do with each other. I am more concerned with what is happening in the Middle East, the economy, etc.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Let me guess who will be watching this freaks reality show.
Seems to have alot of admirers here.

Turned you down didn't she.

So much hate over something that has, or should have, no effect on you. And yet, here you are spewing it.

Something is going on with you.

Since when did the term become "transgender"?

This has always been known as "transsexual" until what
a few years ago? I love how special interest groups
try and manipulate the general population through the mass media
into accepting the terms that they would like others to use.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Since when did the term become "transgender"?

This has always been known as "transsexual" until what
a few years ago? I love how special interest groups
try and manipulate the general population through the mass media
into accepting the terms that they would like others to use.

"Transsexual" and "transgender" or not homonyms. These words have different meaning. Gender identity and sexual orientation are not the same thing.

I think it's good this is in the news and that the media are being positive about this.

Think of people going through the same identity struggle, afraid of being judged by family, friends, society. Some have committed suicide over such things in the past, no doubt some are feeling suicidal right now.

If this helps our fellow human beings feel there is a positive future for them, then Jenner has done some good in the world.

It's great that several people here are accepting and are stating Jenner's choice does not bother them. Such an outlook may or perhaps already has helped them and somebody else in real life.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Again, it just sickens me with the attention he is getting for this and it also saddens me that he has fallen so low.

That is too bad that you are spending your time sickened. Ms. Jenner does not even know you exist so it seems as though all of the results of your anger are directed solely inward. Why, I wonder, does this issue resonate so deeply with you?

This person underwent a process that seemed to entail some considerable courage (even moreso considering their public notoriety) and discomfort in order to raise the quality of their life; and I'd bet the trace amounts of money I have that this person's decision did not affect your life in any way. Yet you are wasting your time feeling "sickened" over this, of all things?

If you expect someone else to live by your values and presume them to be wrong for living in contrast to them, may I expect you to alter your mental processes to abide by my values?

I never said he didn't have the right to do what he wants or that he had to live by my set of morals. You are putting words into my mouth. Wow! Every person in the world judges others. It is just human nature. I never advocated burning him at the stake or that he should be locked up. Gee, get a grip.

And let's be crystal clear here. This is a man, this is not a woman. He can grow his hair as long as he wants, wear women's clothes, change his name to a woman's name, and even have surgery to physically alter his body. He is still a man though. Ms. Jenner. Oh please.

To label Bruce Jenner courageous for dressing like a woman cheapens the word IMO. Firemen, Policemen, Soldiers, etc... are courageous. Cross dressers are not. Nor are people who undergo surgery to change genders. Nothing courageous about that sorry.

I am sickened by the media making such a big deal out of this. There are so many news worthy stories out there that they could focus on but instead all we are hearing about( and it has been in the news for a LONG time not just recently )is Bruce Jenner's sexual identity. Who gives a rats butt what he does?

I could care less what he does to be honest. However, if he is going to parade himself in front of everyone on the TV, in magazines, etc... then I would say I have a right to an opinion on it. He has turned himself into a spectacle. I can live and let live with the best of them but when you start parading yourself around and throwing yourself into the face of others then you open yourself up to the opinions of others.

I feel really bad for him truth be told. Clearly the guy has some mental issues. And again, as I said earlier, I don't mean because of what he has done re: dressing like a woman/surgery( although I admit I don't approve ). Just look at the crazy look in his eyes and the way he acts. The guy is unstable.

All around it is a sad tale and it sickens me the way the media is making such a circus out of it. If you find any of this offensive well then that is your problem.

Last edited:
Any of you guys ever watch MTF transition videos on YouTube? If you set aside the moral debate for a minute and just focus on the science part, it's amazing what HRT can do to a male after about a year. If the guy is young, let's say somewhere between 15 and 25 and has feminine like features to begin with, he's gonna look so much like a girl after one year on HRT, you're not gonna know the difference. You will literally not know she's a guy until it's too late. Granted, there are some males that have so many masculine features that they never quite look like a female no matter how much HRT they've had, but if they're a male with a woman's like body structure and has a woman's facial features, you are not gonna know she's a male even if you starred at her for an hour. HRT is that powerful.

All around it is a sad tale and it sickens me the way the media is making such a circus out of it.

And that is *your* problem.

It's done. She's happy. If you can't deal with it, again, your problem.

Get over it.

Last edited:
It appears that the celebrity power of the Olympic gold medal finally wore off. It would be like being unemployed for a normal person. This new celebrity status should take him/her to the golden years guaranteed by the media. After all the media is our source of knowledge for everything we need to know. All this Jenner noise if far more important than any other current issue except for maybe the next arrest of Justin Beeper. Maybe they'll do a prime time documentary. They could call it, "Farewell to my best friend".

To all of the people that are "sickened" by this story, what would you do if it was one of your family?

Jenner can do what he wants, but why is this such an "in-your-face" freak show?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: whip
To all of the people that are "sickened" by this story, what would you do if it was one of your family?

I would pay for some serious counseling.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

I would pay for some serious counseling.

+1 Or drink myself blind...........And no I don't hate Jenner or wish anything bad upon him. If it were a family member of mine I would need counseling or a good stiff drink, probably both.

What makes you think it's happy?
Crazy people go from one extreme situation to another.
If Brucie wants to self mutilate his body,that's up to him,just dont make a Roman spectacle out of it.
This is not the new normal,no matter what Hollywood says.
Anyone out there having inner issues about their gender,dont do this,see a shrink.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

All around it is a sad tale and it sickens me the way the media is making such a circus out of it.

And that is *your* problem.

It's done. She's happy. If you can't deal with it, again, your problem.

Get over it.

Seems to me that you and a couple others can't get over it. Why can you have an opinion but I can't? I seriously doubt "he" is happy either. Clearly "he" has a lot of mental issues and "he" needs help.

I have noticed lately that you sure do jump down people's throats who dare disagree with you. You seem to have some real anger issues. Relax and chill man. This is a message forum where people can express their views.

I didn't bring up Bruce Jenner's sexual identity issues. A thread was started about it so I responded. I saw no rules that responders could only post praising Bruce Jenner. Let's also not ignore the fact "he" is making it all public. Hard to get over something when it is in your face 24/7.

Last edited:

I can assure you this would never happen in my family barring mental illness. However, if a family member became mentally ill and started down this path I would do everything I possibly could to get them the psychiatric treatment they clearly would be in need of to get better. I would never support such a decision if they refused help and went through with it but by the same token I wouldn't totally disown the person either though. I just wouldn't be able to support it or help with it. It would also put a strain on our relationship in a big way.

If I had kids they most definitely would not be allowed around them. I would not allow them at my home during any function where friends where at. I would not refer to them by their "new name"( always by their given birth name from my parents ). I most likely wouldn't spend a lot of time with them anymore either because it would be too uncomfortable and I would always feel the need to bring it up.

Now with all of that said, I would speak with them in a civil manner. If they ever got in trouble I would try and help as best I could just as I would my other family members. I would always call on holidays and birthdays to wish them well. I would never wish them ill or harm either. If someone went after them I would defend them physically to the death even if I couldn't defend what they did.

Family is very important to me and my family is as close as you will ever see. BUT, if something like that happened then I just couldn't be part of it or approve of it. Again, I wouldn't just disown the person completely but we would never be close again in all honesty. I don't want to be around that kind of crazy on any kind of regular basis.

And before I get jumped for any of this I am simply answering the question honestly. Don't put words into my mouth or imply things I didn't say either if you feel the need to chastise me for just being honest.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Jenner can do what he wants, but why is this such an "in-your-face" freak show?

01.gif

Exactly. People misunderstand what I have posted. I really don't care what he does with his life. Has zero impact on me. However, it is hard to just live and let live and ignore it when it is all you hear about and see for what seems like a year+ . The media, and even Jenner himself, are keeping this in our face 24/7. I figure if they are going to be like that I at least have the right to answer a question in a message forum about it.

This is more train wreck tv like the Kardashians, Real House Wives, Teen Mom, etc... and all the other reality garbage you see all over the place these days. The messier and crazier it is the more the media wants to show it off. Sad commentary on our society that this kind of trash is so popular.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to get your media from some other source, or just don't click on those articles.

I remember several months ago when I would go on Yahoo news and MSN and there were all these "Duggar daughters pregnant!" and "Duggar daughters full of babies!" articles all the time. One after another, and I remember thinking "Who the [censored] are these people? What is this even about?" I had never watched their reality show before, even though it was on when I still had cable. The constant articles in the news feeds were a little annoying, but it's simple enough to not click them and move on. Then, as soon as the Duggar pregnancy frenzy began to die down, it became "Duggar brother molests sisters!" and "Incestuous Duggars!" all the time. Every other article. It's amazing how in the space of weeks really it went from all this Duggar love and "awww how cute, she's full of babies" to "Duggar brother is incestuous child molester!," and I just noticed that from seeing headlines in news feeds. Anything to get people to click I guess. Personally, I think the way that this family and its sexuality is constantly paraded in the media is weird/creepy, but I'm not going to get mad about it and I'm certainly not going to let it impact my mood or life. I just don't click on the articles if I don't want to hear about it. I still haven't watched an episode of their show.

You know what you are in for when you look at entertainment "news." Most of it is mindless click bait. If you don't want to come across this kind of stuff, stick to sites/channels that focus on world/political news rather than entertainment news. I definitely wouldn't let it get under my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back