General AltiMAX RT43 - 1000 mile review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a set of 4 RT43 tires installed on the taurus about a month ago. I've got about 1000 miles on them now and I have to say, my first impressions are that this tire is excellent. They replaced some firestone FR710 that came on the car when I bought it 3 years ago. The FR710s were down to about 4/32 but were dry rotted and one of the tires started to peel apart. The ride is great, every crack or bump in the road I use to feel. The tire just absorbs those like a sponge and rides nice and smooth. I have not noticed any road noise. This past week we've had some pretty good storms roll through. There was standing water on the roads and these tires cut through it like butter and never got squirmy like the old tires. At a stop sign I gunned it to try and get it to spin on the wet pavement, it slipped for half a second and then took right off. I will update again after 5,000 miles. Id take these over cooper CS4 we have on the other cars. I was debating on getting the CS5 but you couldn't go wrong with the price of the RT43, I got them for $380 installed.

Just put a set of these and new wheels from the DTD Memorial day deal on my 2006 Buick Lucerned. I considered these tires and the Pirelli P7s. I couldn't justify the extra $ for the Pirellis. The car had garbage Sears/Guardsman tires with at least one substantially out of balance and believed was causing a slight pull. New wheels/tires on and I notice a better ride too, balanced well and drives straight as an arrow.

Thanks for the review. Got a front set for the wife's vehicle a week ago, due to a good Tire Rack test of them and owner reviews on the TR site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back