5/20 oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's all hit or miss on which is best for a particular engine!
Are you looking for a dino or syn?
PYB(Dino)or any PP/PU/PPPP(Synthetics) are all good starting places!
Others will elaborate further!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Whats the best dino out there?

Man, that's quite a question.
smile.gif

I'd say Pennzoil Yellow Bottle.

Probably, Pennzoil Yellow Bottle(PYB). But again, it's all subjective!
Your engine may like any 5w20 or it may fe kinda fussy! Know one could possibly tell w/o some trial.
smile.gif

All the name brand dino's are the best. Really there is no best.
Mobil, valvoline, pennzoil, of modern vintage will serve you well. Just check your manual for specs like dexos etc.

Yes indeed!
Definitely use up your stash of NAPA Syn as long as it meets the requirements(I'm sure it does!)

Last edited:
Hard not to run Quaker State synthetic when it has been selling at Wal-Mart for $19-$23 per 5 quart jug for quite a long time. Great oil, great price.

I would use a name brand synthetic and do OCIs according to the OLM. We have the same engine in our Wrangler, and the OLM has been running right around 9000 miles. No way would I be comfortable running a dino oil this long.

While under warranty, make sure to use only oils that carry Chrysler's MS-6395 spec. My choice so far has been Pennzoil Platinum. QSUD would be a good choice as well, it's probably the lowest priced name brand synthetic out there.

How do you like your 3.6 Ram? I'm aching to buy a pickup truck at the end of the year and this truck/engine is one I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back