FRAM Extra or Puro Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
E10 and is causing filter media issues. All predicted during the GF5 ISAC committee meetings. Ive had slimed blocked media on new engine with bad gas on my new cars.

If that's true, then just think what E85 will do.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Lets take a tangible example such as the Toyota floor mat debacle. Their analysis proved that it was just old men and women who caused the majority of their failures. They used proven scientific methods and analysis to come to the conclusion despite of the redneck hogwash you declare to be all the proof necessary.

Yes, Toyota proved it was PEOPLE who where causing the "floor mat problems" by stacking multiple floor mats on top of each other and/or using the wrong mats in the wrong car. It wasn't Toyota's fault, yet they came up with a process to protect idiots from themselves, and to also protect themselves from idiots who hire crooked lawyers.

In the case of Purolator oil filters, it's the manufacturer's fault. Two different animals, not a viable analogy.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
To cut and post 60+ failures

if only there really was 60+ failures then your words might make some sort of sense. Unfortunately we are just back to chasing our tail with backyard amateur redneck tribology where cletus, spunkmeyer, and typhoid mary forgot to mark it on the chalkboard, and take pictures, and record it in the journal, and not cut the media while opening the filter.

LoL ...
laugh.gif

My friend, while you struggle with basic concepts, I dont start the arguments, I finish them.
13.gif

How can anyone finish an argument when there isn't one? It is kind of fun to face palm while reading though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
E10 and is causing filter media issues. All predicted during the GF5 ISAC committee meetings. Ive had slimed blocked media on new engine with bad gas on my new cars.

Given how hard ARCO is on equipment, we could send him a case of Purolator filters to use on the condition he cuts them open. They'll all be torn, guaranteed, and really skew the stats.
wink.gif

Sorry ARCO, couldn't resist, once again!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I have used more 3700 gallons of E85 in my FX4 and have never had a filter problem. For the uninitiated, what is supposed to happen to filters when using E10 and E85?

If E10 was 'the' issue, it would potentially be dispersed across more brands (basically anyone with a cellulose media and it would be distributed more equally across even tearolator's product line. Ruptures might even be distributed around the media rather that in the same location. Even if E10 is a factor that happens to bite purolator a bit more than other brands, the onus is still on purolator. E10 is nothing new, other brands have coped, and it is still the purolator's poor design/manufacturing that fails to meet the market's need. It would be akin to an oil company making an SE or SF and still claiming it can work on a modern extended drain service interval.

Funny, I have a few flex-fuel vehicles that get irregular e85 and none have had torn filter issues... must be that I run Napa/WIX (often the jobbers pro-select versions). 7,500 intervals to boot.

Buy a Wix or a fram ultra for a quality filter forget all the other frams.. Not sure if such a good filtering filter flows so great but the ultra seems to keep the oil looking clean..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back