2016 Bonneville spy shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the title and thought Pontiac was making a come back. Good looking bike though.

I like it. Doesn't look much different to the current one. Glad they've changed the tyre sizes to something a little more modern. ABS is a nice addition too. I wish they'd stop with "injection that looks like carbs" rubbish though! In 2015, I think it's ok to have injection on a retro bike, no need to pretend it has carbs.

The radiator kills the retro looks for me. I think I will just spend the money and buy a big bore/stroker engine from Bonneville Performance instead of "upgrading".

If Honda can make an air/oil cooled 1100, then Triumph should be able to also.

i am very pleased with my 2012 mag wheeled bonnie for a list of $7700 back then. that said better suspension + brakes are always welcome, stock it shamed my poor 2006 sportsters very poor brakes + suspension. the bonnie handles well + is very easy to ride unlike the top heavy sportster. water cooling i can do without, abs i never had but its said to help panic stops especially in the wet if its well sorted.

The Triumphs are a bike that are just good all around bikes. They don't do anything exceedingly well, but they don't seem to have any particularly nasty qualities either.

My 2011 Speedmaster is a great bike. I can echo that upgraded shocks would be nice.

To me the Bonnie lives or dies on the retro look and having a big radiator between the header pipes just does not look right on a parallel twin of Brit origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back